Am I a bit too feminine or "girly"?

Alright so here's the deal. I care a lot about style and about what others might think of the outfits I where. Sometimes I just like to try on my clothes or I guess you could call it "play dress up" and try on the different combinations to see what I look best in. Also, I put a lot of effort into my hair and spend around 15 minutes combing it and stuff. Is this perhaps crossing the line into "feminine territory" or am I still within reason for a male?

Most Helpful Girl

• No, you're just a pretty boy.
    Why does caring about your looks have to be a feminine trait?

It's not like you are standing around saying,
    "Oh my gosh Becky ! I look fat in this dress."

• I agree (: I guess its just that men are generally expected to care less about how they look which makes the ones who do care come off as feminine by comparison

• It's okay if you don't meet societies expectations of how a guy should be.
      Honestly, I'd rather a guy care about his appearance rather than rolling out of bed and not caring.

• haha, sweet.

What Girls Said 1

• I like to laugh at pretty boys but they do make the world a better place lol though you still spend more time on your hair then me. Which probably isn't that impressive though cause I mostly spend time on my face.

• I've been working on the face too lol. Almost 100% acne freeee

• Haha it's no secret really. I just put on this prescription acne cream called "adapalene" every night before bed and put lotion on my face in the morning

• I need to get myself some of that...

What Guys Said 7

• I don't think that's feminine at all, I also like to take care of my image, I spend my time grooming, and being presentable. I just don't like to look in the mirror and feel ugly.
    It's not feminine, I just like to look good for myself. The same thing applies to you.

• Yeah I see what you mean. It sucks to see ugliness when you look in the mirror xD

• Who cares about girliness and the like, what matters is whether you have at least one person who admires you for you or not. Why fake being someone else? People will always judge you no matter what. You may as well look like the way YOU like it. Someone will probably like it later anyways.

• so everyone who takes care of himself is consindered feminine?

LOL!!

• Haha not necessarily :P I was just wondering what people thought about it in general. I would continue doing it regardless of what the general opinion turned out to be.

• Not at all. It's just being fashionable. The amount of time you take to prepare yourself doesn't mean you're girly at all.

• I take care of myself, I like to look good. I'm not feminine.

• Guys use to do this shit years ago, 10 minutes combing and putting gel in your hair, and look as nice as possible. I wish we do it more often today, or not it, it makes it easier for a guy who dresses nice to find an awesome girl.

• As long as you aren't putting on nail polish, ear rings, and skinny pants I think you will be alright