Should guys get certain things done like manicures, pedicures, or their eyebrows?

I wanted to clean up my eyebrow area, but, do people actually do that? I didn't want it shaped or anything. Le thoughts?

• Guys should do things like this all the time!
  • Guys should only do some of these things.
  • Guys shouldn't do any of this stuff. Ruins manliness.

Most Helpful Guy

• Honestly, more men should pay attention to their eyebrows. I've seen guys walking around with almost uni brows and brows that are growing all over their forehead. I don't think it should be bad for a guy to get some tweezers and keep that sh*t in check.

Anyways, while I don't quite think manicure should be accepted, pedicures I can totally understand. After playing football and seeing what those cleats did to my feet, I don't blame a guy for getting a pedicure.

What Girls Said 13

• i think it's fine for a man to do some basic grooming to look after himself. he deserves to.
    as long as u ain't goin over the top then it's cool. even manis and pedis are fine. i have a thing for nice hands in particular. no idea.

• Just seems strange that men sometimes can't call themselves men without some type of hair on their chest or whatever. Like dem.

• Can't deny it, a couple of years ago, I was tired of having hairy legs and was close to shaving them.

You don't think armpit hair can't get Too Long at times? I'm assuming at a certain point, a trimming should be in order.

• :O as if. I don't know i like leg and arm hair.
      ... well iv never seen a man with armpit hair long enough that would make me go 'eeww'. if one insists on a trim then whatever, but I'm personally not bothered by it.

• Manicures and peducures - without nail polish - completely understandable...
    Tweezing your eyebrows - maybe cleaning them up a bit, not shaping them might be okay... if they're really messy - and the only time a man's eyebrows are messy is if it's a unibrow - nothing else counts! If not, who cares... =)

• Guys should do whatever the fuck they want with their appearance.

If you want to tidy up your brows, who cares? I think bring burly, smelly and unkept has never been "manly", just some bullshit lazy gross guys like to pedal.

Forget retarded expectations and do what you want, bro.

• I was inevitably going to give zero fucks, but I do like to understand and think of others perspectives even if they clash against mine.

Thanks for le oponion.

• My opinion is that a well groomed man is far more superior to the supposedly "manly" slob.

You look fantastic in your photo, keep it up.

• That's a good way to put it. Groomed.

Thanks, as do you. =P

• I don't see anything wrong with a guy taking time to make sure he's well-groomed. It just shows that he takes care of himself. Nice eyebrows can really make someone's face look good - both for men and women alike. If you do decide to do it, just go for a clean, but natural look. That's the most flattering on anyone.

• Basic grooming and hygiene doesn't ruin manliness. I know tons of guys who've got their eyebrows done before, and pedicures in general isn't something for girls only, to me. Manicures are unnecessary I guess, since it's more like, you can just groom yourself.

• Guys should be able to get their eyebrows like done and wax and all that shit without shame, iv heard of guys getting manicures. But I think pedicures would be weird but maybe not I don't know, I don't think it's THAT weird tho, they should do what they want to look good, no one should judge

• maybe tgey should do only some of those stuffs

• I voted B. Manicure, is always a good thing to do because no girl likes nails with rough edges when they are down there. but pedicures? NAH.

I love rough hands on a guy, so, yeah. A manicure with no clear coat.

• I think it's a waste of money for anyone to do it tbh, but I know guys that do that, especially if they have unibrows, if you have unibrows I advise you wax them, it's worth the money spent.

• I don't like meddling with eyebrows, even for my own self. I love the natural arch that I have currently. Manis and pedis are fine though.

• to me this is normal, Hispanic man love to look sharp.
    and i do like a man with nice clean nails and toes...
    i don't think it don't mean they aren't man.
    its not like they are getting fake nails on.
    eyebrows should only be a shape up...

• If their nails r bad
    Then they need to fix them
    And if thy have a unibrow
    Come on...

• Love a man who takes care of himself! I like nice clean shave, and nails trim and clean. I guess I like metrosexual guys ;)

• Don't think they can be "too clean"? Like an almost baby smooth, flawless look?

• If he's thinning and arching his eyebrows I wouldn't find that attractive, or if he having surgery done to look more feminine definitly not attracted. But doing to spas, and or shaving under his armpits, or legs wouldn't bother me. I like guys with nice teeth, nice styled hair, and well groomed.

Every girl is different. I wouldn't not date a guy if he wasn't metrosexual ( in fact I'm currently not haha ) but I don't think there is such a thing as flawless. If a guy was trying to be flawless I'd wonder why, same as I'd wonder if a girl was trying to do the same.

What Guys Said 10

• Not even girls should be doing eyebrow crap, just ask @maskedsanity.

But pedicure and manicure is good for you, I think. So I voted B).

• sure why not? i don't see it as unmanly

• Eh I'll stick to what I am already doing, other then shaving, showering, cologne and deteriorate and going to the barber I don't need anything else to be clean and kept.

• I do the eye brows... Visit the barber every three weeks... That's all...

• Barber pulls em or shaves them?

• welcome...

• who says taking care of yourself is feminine? since when looking like a caveman is manly? some idiot people...

• One time I shaved my armpit hair to understand how girls feel.

It was weird as fuck.

Now I know.

• Men should have none of the above done.

• Hm, reasoning behind that statement?

• Good that you know what I was doing, I was going to give a disclaimer that I wanted to have some source of my generalizations that I make but I don't necessarily base everything off first impressions like that. I just like to know people. Is that such a crime? =P

Thanks for your elaborations on things though. Not many people are as compliant and quick to be defensive rather than open about their beliefs.

• As I say, I saw it coming as soon as you questioned me on my stance I knew what was coming because it happens all the time, then people are like "OMG you're not RIGHT WING, but, but, but you believe men should be men and not women and that a while a man should take some pride in his appearance by having regular baths, cutting his hair and keeping it neat and not dressing like a hobo, you sounded right wing to me, damn I can't believe you hold these opinions on gay marriage and women's right".

I have no qualms with men who take care of their appearance but when men start being more like women in their grooming habits then it's going overboard and I don't think it's right, but I believe passionately in freedom of the individual and just because I don't agree with something doesn't mean I will try and prevent others from feeling differently.

• Personally I take care of my self I get rid of stray hairs over my brow and I take care of my nails since t is attractive to have nice hands if you see what I mean

• I hope everyone takes of their nails. Even if you're a mechanic or whatever, don't want gunk in the food. Don't think you could be Too smooth?

• I voted C, I don't agree on those things but everyone are entitled to their opinion

• Haha... i don't even care abiut shaving much, let alone these things!! 😎

• Ewww, not at all.