This hairstyle---Like it or not?

I've been contemplating doing this hairstyle but I'm really not sure about it so I figured I'd get you all's opinions.

un-ruly.com/.../021312_fauxhawk.jpeg

4.bp.blogspot.com/.../IMG_5902.JPG

My hair texture is very similar to both of the women's above.

I'm not sure about the hairstyle because I don't know if it looks too... fierce or not. I'm not a fierce person. I'm really not into very edgy-looking hairstyles. So what do you think? Yay or nay?

• I like it---but yes, it looks edgy/fierce
  • I like it---I don't think it looks edgy/fierce
  • I don't like it
Just so everyone knows, I am not talking about the color. I'm talking about the hairstyle only. I have black hair so just picture the first lady as having the same hair color as the second lady.
Also just so everyone knows, I wouldn't have to cut my hair at all to attain the style. I have long bra strap length hair but it shrinks a lot when it's curly (thus looking way shorter than it actually is). The shrinkage itself would make this hairstyle feasible. The only thing the hairstyle requires is bobby pins.

Most Helpful Guy

• I like it - but really you should base your hairstyle on;

a) what your face looks like. Some peoples faces look better framed by hair - others have better results when hair is put away from face so their prominent cheekbones etc can be highlighted.

and

b) what image you want to portray!

and finally and most importantly

c) If YOU like it! If you feel you look good you will be more confident and consequently you will look better.

• That's true, I do think the hairstyle may be better suited to a person with higher cheekbones and more prominent features than me. My features are pretty soft. I'll likely still try the hairstyle one day but it's not on my priority list.

What Guys Said 33

• What matters most is how YOU feel about the style and color. You are the one who has to like it first. Then get opinions from others if you like both and can't decide. There is no good in wearing something or looking in a way that you don't like.

• That's why I'm asking this---to get opinions from others about the hairstyle. They're both the same hairstyle (just two slightly different textures of hair so it looks different).

• I'll pay more attention the next time i see someone with it, but my gut is... I don't really like the shape.

Tend to prefer a more... I don't know, loose, balanced look? More weight at the sides balancing the top. It looks okay, but i wouldn't vote FOR it.

• It definitely gives the impression of bold/fierce

Reminds me of what Janelle has:
    www.hypehair.com/.../...e-monae-hair-hypehair5.jpg

• I think both hairstyles look very cute. I feel somehow a person's hairstyle plays into a person's personality. I just don't think we notice hairstyles an do that. I think you would like cute either way. Of course, it's how you feel. Go with whatever will make you a confident woman, ready to take on the world.

• I don't really find it attractive. I don't think there's really any "beauty" to this hairstyle. Wouldn't attract me...

• TBH second one is just okay, first one is bad.

• There is one girl in my college. She is black beauty. Last year her hair was simple and no guys were interested upon her , as her face and her hair didn't match and it wasn't intriguing. But this year she looks different. She is totally changed. I hadn't known that hair style plays a great role but I knew now.
    So, it depends upon you , your physical appearance. Ask yourself and make hairstyle to that which you love.
    I didn't like that women with her hairstyle. That seems to be man-kind. Women must have long hair which add beauties to their physical appearance.

• http://youtube.com/watch?v=K7Uran7yC-E

you can mimic this look. I know this girl on this video has straight hair but it's still doable :D

• reminds me of Boney M

• I like it. It's different than what most people try to do, and I think it looks awesome. I'd go for it.

• I don't know what is fierce or edgy. In fact, I know nothing about fashion. However, I think it looks great.

• I don't like it

• I think it looks nice, nothing fierce/edgy about it to me so go for it!!! :)

• Yea i like, and think it's sexy, u might even think of coloring it, it's the highlight that really complements the texture

• If you want to use that hairstyle, go ahead. Do what you think looks good. Personally, I'm not a big fan of curly hair in general, so this hairstyle doesn't exactly exude attractiveness to me.

• Sorry i dont like it... do you have curly hair? Cause i like girls with there hair down... if possible i like their hair down till there back... it looks sexy

• I don't like it

• no: nooooo. no

• Turrible. I think it would make even halle berry look bad.

• Personally I don't find it attractive

• i much prefer longer hair x

• I don't like it because I really favor long hair on a girl.

• leave it black though don't dye it.

• Oh yeah, I wasn't talking about the color. I have black hair like the lady in the second picture.

• I like 1.5ft hair which is down/open and spread out around your shoulders.

• I hate it.

• Hate that style
    completely repulsive
    no offence

• I like girls with their hair down rather than like this so I can't really vote

• if you like, go ;)

• Lol that's the thing, I'm not sure whether I like it or not. If a lot of people say they think it would look nice then I may try it out because the hairstyle intrigues me but otherwise I may not.

• not live to please other people, so I say "if you like, do it".

Imagine something different to do, not as you know it is until you do... if you do not like can shave XD

• I don't like Afro-style hair, sorry.

• Nope. Just no. So sorry.

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 45

• A lot of people on this site are white and will not like the natural afro style.

I see a lot of us blacks wearing weaves and perms (besides liking it ourselves), a
    lot of us change who we are just to be more accepted in society.
    Stop living for others, and start living for yourself.
    If you like the hairstyle then get it.
    There is no need to search for other peoples approval.

I admire when I see a black woman with her hair in its natural state.
    I think it's beautiful.

I am a black woman with hair that has been natural for more than 10 years.
    (That's pretty much my whole adult life) ---I am in my late 20s.
    Don't get me wrong I <3 weaves, I <3 perms.
    But there's nothing matter with being YOU in the mix.

• (Correction) But there's nothing wrong with being YOU in the mix.

• Correction, will not like the style.

• Keyword " a lot" I didn't say all.
      if you're going to read at least do so correctly.
      Thanks and goodbye

• Girl it looks badass and fierce as hell. If u was you I'd try some YouTube tutorials and see if you like it before you commit. But if you like it I guarantee you can rock it.

• I LOVE this hairstlye. I wish I had the headshape to pull it off lol. I wouldn't say fierce per say but I do think it's edgy and current. definitely somethng worth giving a try.

• I like them. It's quite natural and simple looking.
    In all honesty you should go with what you like and what suits you. Not a lot of people like the natural approach especially when it comes to hair. You can't expect to impress everyone. So impress yourself. I like the first one. Just don't dye it blonde. It'll look weird after a while.

• I don't like it particularly... but if my hair was already short, I would do as many different styles as possible and that one would be one I'd do. ... but I wouldn't cut my hair just for this style beacuse it's not so appealing to me. Do what you like! and if your hair is already short, just do it!

• I like it! It's not a hairstyle you see every day. You can pair it with some make up or earrings to make it look more feminine. I say go for it! Try it once and tell us what happened! Or post a photo of you with the hairstyle here if you feel like it

• I love it!! But I do have more of an edgy personality. In my opinion if you like it go for it. You need no ones opinion, because you'll get lots of comments from ignorant people. Notice there are people on here who commented about the hair texture, and not the actual style. -_- Do you girl. At the end of the day you have to have the confidence to go out like that anyway. YOU have to like it. It's your hair. ;)

• I say try it if it doesn't require any permanent hair cut or whatever, worst case scenario your hair doesn't fit your personality for a day or two. It really doesn't matter you can try it out and it you like it then wear it who cares if it's fierce but you aren't! If you like it then it's your automatically

• I love this. I think it's different and cool. I know it's always hard finding hairstyles when your hair is curly

• I think everyone who is saying they don't like it is because they're judging and snubbing their nose at this black woman's natural hair texture. Ignore their ignorant statements , they clearly don't have an intelligent way to state their close minded opinion. Anyway , i like the both of the hair styles. It's different and all natural! :)

• That's an ignorant statement. It has nothing to do with the fact that she's black, if you don't like the hairstyle you don't like it race doesn't come into play.

• It's not an ignorant statement. It's a true statement and it's also my opinion. You can feel however you want about what i said , however i am not going to care. Nobody has the time or patience to go back and forth with you and i'm not going to entertain you. It's my opinion. Scroll past it hun. Happy new year ;)

• A - not too fierce, but a little bit, yes. =)
    Love it, it looks cool.

• It depends... If you feel like that week is going to be an edgy type of week for you then I would say yes. If you want it to be even more edgy, braid or twist the sides. If you want soften the look I would suggest leaving one side down for a side-swept look. But it's up to how you feel. To be honest, I rock this hairstyle in the summer (4 years natural) and I love it's an easy simple look that I can create with a brush, eco styler gel, bobbie pins, and (for volume) a afro pic.

• Personally I don't like it, the shortest I'd go is a straight cut shoulder length bob,

but if u like it, and it'll suit u, then 👍😏 go ahead :)

• Actually I like it. It seems so original and unique. I say go for it, if you like :)

• Hair is always trial and error. Just try it out one day and if you like it then do it again. I myself am a very lazy person and hate doing my hair in general (I have a similar 4c texture) so I base my hairstyles on the least amount of steps but if you have somewhere important to go, or party to go to, or just want a cool look, try it out. It's Just Hair.

• Personally, I like edgy hair styles. So, I'd agree with this. Also, my rule is try everything at least once. I am going for an edgy hair cut soon, so yeah I understand the hesitation you go throw.. but it's hair, and it's gonna grow back.

• Depends how well you can pull it off sweetie. It can be quite difficult to tame afro hair, do something your comfortable with x

• I've seen this a lot lately and I love it. You should go for it!

• It's very cute, and I've yet to see a girl with that hairstyle and not be able to rock it. I have tight curly hair that's just below my shoulders and I'm always trying to get it in that style, never works though. If you like it, and have that texture I def think you should go for it

• I like the top one the best but I'm very bold and I'll wear anything. I'm just not cutting my hair but if I do I want something bold. So I like it. And if you feel like you could pull it off then do it.

• Very nice! Looks Great!

• i like it. i dont think it looks super edgy or fierce, i think it looks more unique.

• I quite like it, but hair has a huge influence on appearance. It is really determined by your body shape and personality. Give it a try. If you get good feedback, keep it a while longer. If it doesn't work. On to the next one.

• the second one looks fierce to me, i think the first is rather feminine...

• Second one is nice

• It's different... I like different
    But I also think it takes a lot of effort to maintain that hairstyle so keep that in mind

• I think its really nice

• well then you should try this hairstyle... its nice :D

• It's cute! I can't tell if it's edgy though.

• Honestly.. I like it, it's really cute, and if you like it then girl go for it!

• More from Girls
    15