Would girls consider this desperate? Increasing height?

So I've placed an order on these shoes that will increase my height by like 2 inches. I'm 5'7, and I think not only will the shoes boost my confidence, but give me the advantages of at least being average height. I think it is smart to where these shoes, but would a girl think it a desperate move? Also, I was inspired by this article, www.sixwise.com/.../...l-men-really-better-off.htm Not only will it help me with girls, but other significant things as well as stated in that article. Heightism is a very real thing, especially among guys.

• Desperate
  • Smart
  • Other?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you were just using the shoes for yourself to increase your confidence, I'd say do whatever you want. If your height really bothers you though shoes aren't going to change a thing because at the end of the day you're still the same height. Because it sounds like you want to be taller for female approval I don't think the shoes are a good idea. Someone will eventually notice because they will either look different or you'll eventually have to take the shoes off and I think that would be embarrassing if someone pointed out you were wearing height enhancing shoes. I'm 5'2" and have found guys an inch shorter than me attractive. Attractiveness is not based on a single component. Show girls you have more to offer than just height. Also, guys go through puberty later than girls so you can still grow. Even if you don't, 5'7" is not short.

What Girls Said 4

• dude. if it makes you happy, go for it. to be honest, i cannot tell the difference between someone who is 5'7 and someone who is 5'9. i just can't. so it would not matter to me at all.

• I think sub-consciously it might matter a bit, just like the stats said in the article.

• it doesn't to me. i can't speak for other people. i have met really great guys who are like 5'4 -and- really great guys who are like 6'4. if any of these dudes had asked me out, i'd have been thrilled lol.

• Confidence is sexy and this doesn't make you seem confident. It's much more attractive to be comfortable in your own skin. Height really doesn't matter. I'm 5'5" and have had crushes on guys who are 5'7" before. Be happy with who you are and how you look, and the people who matter will be too.

• I have no confidence and the shoes will help me with that.

• "I'm 5'5" and have had crushes on guys who are 5'7"

haha, you make it sound almost novel that you did that. I mean he's taller than you are. Who would have guessed anything different?

• Hey don't be mean! I was just trying to help

• I'm 5'4". I know a guy (that's very special) who's only 5'2". I call him shorty all th time but he's confident so he doesn't care. Everyone is different, but if u feel short u r gonna seem shorter. Just an opinion.

• I would not like this.

• Why?

• I would prefer a guy to accept himself and be confident in who he is. You are still young. Trust me when I tell you that as you get older women won't care about this as much. They will care about you as a person. Focus on being the best you can be. I Am not sure what these shoes look like but if they are obviously thick soled a girl will notice that. That to me would be more of a turn off than your height.

What Guys Said 3

• It will seem desperate to most you tell it to, so don't mention it in real life. People will also sugar coat this stuff and deny facts, heightism is a slippery topic. But I remember a guy that went from like 5'8 to 6'1 through leg lengthening and he said the difference in the way people treated him amazed him. He got more attention and recognition for being the same person, just taller. I Voted A, but it's also very smart. Good luck.

• as long as you are happy and you think you will feel better then wear them, it will make you happy so dw about the girls they will be fine with it

• you're desperate for reading pua stuff now don't get me wrong I'm not judging because i once was just as desperate and fell for the pua scam i think you might be rushing in to things since you are under 18 and puberty might stretch you out to be taller sure do girls like taller guys on paper? yeah! but girls will go out with short guys with a great sense of humor and a fun personality too they don't only concentrate on the physical they concentrate on other things as well.

• I don't have much else to offer

• well your personality will also develop as you grow up women's approval of you should not be this important they're just girls after all.