How bad is this scar?

The photo is in my avatar. I got the scar at work. Someone accidently flung some acid my way and it went over my safety equipment. I definitely think it looked better before!

My question is more to do with the "first impressions" and what your assumptions would be on seeing me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Doesn't look bad at all. My first impression would be, "ouch! I wonder what happened" but it wouldn't be anything towards your looks. You still look fine.

• Thank you for most helpful :)

What Girls Said 5

• ... how does one accidentally fling acid at a coworker's face? what kind of acid was it?

your scar isn't bad at all, doesn't detract or anything. my first impression would be that... something happened, I don't know what, to produce that scar lol.

• It was in some tubing and he let go of the tube and it uncoiled. It was concentrated nitric.

• It's about three months old now. I managed to wash it off immediately and prevent it getting in my eye.

• really glad it didn't get in your eye... that would have SUCKED. :x

anyways dude, don't worry about the scar- no big deal

• That looks more like a birthmark to me so I wouldn't ask about it or think it was weird. Nothing bad about it!

• well, my first impression is.. i don't know.. i don't care whether you have a scar or not, i quite indifferent about these things, i consider a person's personality more. plus it doesn't look that bad too me but yeah i know it has caused you pain. and it's not in the middle of your face.. so.. and maybe it's just you that is too conscious about it. i have an operation scar on my eyelid, and it's something i can't do anything about, so i don't care even if sometimes people make comments unknowingly, i dont even wear make up most of time. there are so many things you can do nowadays to make scars fade or disappear completely, you should try maybe.

• I'd wonder how you got it, but other than that I wouldn't care. Scars are normal.

• Honestly, it doesn't look bad at all. Those things would usually make no difference to me. Sure I might think something happened but won't effect first impressions whatsoever

What Guys Said 5

• don't worry dude... nobody will notice it at all

• Defiantly could have been worse, I would say it isn't bad considering what could have happened.

• It doesn't look bad man, I think it looks badass personally. Where did you work at?

• It was in a contract testing lab in England. I don't know if my contract allows me to say which one though!

• I am still waiting for a consult with a specialist. NHS you know. Its good but if it isn't life a death it takes several months.

• Yeah, I hear ya.

• You're scarface! It builds character.

• doesn't look too bad..