Any guys here who cut their own hair?

Personally I don't like going to the barber, so I decided to buy my own set of clippers and blah blah. Do any of you guys on here cut your own hair? How hard is it exactly? I want to learn how to cut my hair and do whatever I want with it, knowing exactly what I want. Some people I've told have their doubts, but i need some more opinions.

Thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• man as long you have on guards you should be good but when all else fails GO AGAINST THE GRAIN LOL "you'd have to be retarded to fuck up your hair then" LOLOLOL

lining my hair is is the harder part for me atlteast since neither sides of my head match up ontop of having a small curve for the front of my head+big forehead so i have little room for error LMAO

my biggest tip is this DONT TRY TO BE A BARBER because when you do SOMETHING DUMB IS BOUND TO HAPPEN... anyway if you have a normal shaped head/lining you should be good.. i1127.photobucket.com/.../IMGP1213.jpg

i1127.photobucket.com/.../IMGP1212.jpg

i1127.photobucket.com/.../IMGP1428.jpg

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 8

• I cut my own hair, but I use a technique that I was taught
    back in school by some girls, which requires a razor.

It's not hard, it's easy, you just need
    to know the look you want, and then
    all it requires is feeling. ^.~

• I do, I cut my own hair. For me it is easy because I sort have simple haircut. Put on the guard on the clippers and trim the sides and back (sometimes just the sides) and leave the top hair a little longer.. It saves me from expensive barber shop and it's convenient.

• you have a simple haircut and a normal shaped head < 3 lol

i have a simple haircut but a fucked up shaped head/lining "the struggle be real trying to line my shit up man and annoying" neck be hurting also llolooolol

• lmao ain't nothing worse than snapping yo shit up (messing up your haircut) then having to work around in public with it LOLOL i already have a 5 head i dont need a 6+screwed up lining=walk of shame for days

• Lmao, I can understand that. But my cut is pretty simple, don't think I'll mess up TOO bad in the beginning haha

• No, but I should. All I do is shave my head anyways, can't be that hard.

• It depends on your dexterity score. Is it high?

• Lol, yes it is actually.

• Then your rolls for success should be pretty good presuming you've an INT check for learning how to do it off of YouTube.

• Thanks man.

• I do it but it's just a #1 or 2 (1/8 or 1/4 inch) buzz cut so its pretty idiot proof. Wouldn'y try to do an actual haircut myself. And I still go to a barber once in a while to clean up the edges.

• I cut my own hair once; happened to be the day of my 8th grade photo and that photo still looks ridiculous. Other guys probably do well at it, but I have my brother cut my hair.

• I tried it once. Let's just say, I'm not going to do it I again.

• I cut my own hair. No one seems to be able to tell. You can either get some clippers, or run your fingers in your hair, and then use a pair of scissors to cut the hair over your fingers. It really isn't hard if you are planning on having short hair. The only difficult part is trying to get your hair straight in back. I use a piece of paper and wrap it around the back of my neck, and then use clippers to get a straight edge in the back.

• for the back of my head "i use a mirror on the wall+handheld mirror" it works but is annoying sometimes

i might have to start doing your method