GAGers!! Do you think its safe to buy makeup online?

title says it all! Do you think its safe to buy makeup or any other cosmetic products online? aren't you afraid of fake copies? and also.. in which state do those products arrive at your place?(damaged maybe?) and what about expiry date? have seen a lot of very interesting makeup products online and i'm afraid of spending my money on fake crap.. please share your experiences!!
cdn3.gurl.com/.../makeup.gif

please share your experiences

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. Wish phishing scams (some other website pretending to be the one you are looking for) it's kind of a good chance that popular brands will be targeted while you think you are on the website you want, you may wind up at one that seems the same but is either about to send you a fake or just there to simply grab your card details
    2. Also why bother with buying cosmetics online when walking to a store
    2.1. Gives you options
    2.2. Actual shades (which may not look exacly the same on a computer screen as @srslyly mentions) and testers
    2.3. Maybe even social interaction
    2.4. Much needed exercise of walking around
    2.5. A good feeling that shopping actually gives you :-D
    2.6. etc
    3. Online shopping should be restricted when it's long distance ordering or from maybe a pizza outlet where they give you discounts when you order online or similar :-D

• lmao! dude i love to walk around and go shopping but i can't really find all the varities i'm looking for ,,, so i look for em' online.. got it?:)

• lol thank you for this MH young lady :-)

• you're welcomed dude:)

What Guys Said 5

• I don't know anything about makeup, but I know a lot about paint, and one thing I can warn you about is that backlit screens give you zero color accuracy.

• Don't expect anything to be the same color in real life that it looks like on your computer. It's a projection of an upload of a photo. If the exact color is important, you need a way to see it other than online.

• No. You will get cancer.

• Yes it is. But before buy online make sure you used or tested that product before also buy from trusted sites.

• hmmm okay.. but one of the things i fear about are.. whether they willl arrive damaged or not... because in some reviews the products arrived to the buyer in a damaged condition and the person was forced to throw it to trash

• Oh yes it could happen. So make sure they are responsible first. Some e-shops allow you to check your order in your hands before accept it from postman and sign delivery reports.

• but not all companies are like dat dude

• As long as it's from a trusted site.

• No, it's quite dangerous. I would never do that

What Girls Said 7

• aw sah cauuute!

well i personally wouldn't. i really need to be there testing it out on my skin, simply because i believe in the more natural stuff anyway. if i buy those chemically packed products, there aren't many of them and i save them for special occasions. you'd want to know how the pigments will look on your skin rather than just from a screen. u also wanna c how ur skin will react to it, cuz I'm telling ya, people can put some crazy shizzle in yo makeup.
    not to mention u could get ripped off-.-

please buy it from the store=/ for ur own sake.

• exactly babe... but the shitty part is when you wanna get products that aren't available in your country:(

• ok, if that's the case then u need to do some research.
      check if it's a widely known brand in the country. check ratings if u can. look at pictures. see if u can find images of skin samples close to ur own. read the detail on the product regarding what's in it, any warnings etc.
      if ur happy with what u see then go for it. but if u get even a sliver of doubt, it really isn't worth it hun.

• Skincare products I had done so but not make up. Reason is because the brand is not available in my country. I had friend who bought eyeshadows online she love the color and also the brand isn't available here

• When I order makeup online, I'll usually order it from the company's site or somewhere where I know there won't be fakes/knock-offs/etc (like Sephora). I don't really buy a lot online because I think it's easier and more reliable to purchase things in-stores. Especially foundation.

I have, however, bought foundation online once before, but I already knew my shade, so it wasn't too much of a hassle. If you're looking to buy foundation online, Sephora and MAC have short quizzes that match you to a shade that would fit you, and there are websites that do the same (this one [http://www.temptalia.com/foundation-matrix] allows you to match your current shade to another brand of foundation).

I've also gotten a "beauty kit" from Sephora's website, and it arrived in about two-three days. The packaging and product weren't damaged at all. But, it really depends on who is packaging and delivering what you're buying. Like, I've had packages from Amazon that were nearly crushed when they arrived, and I've gotten packages from Amazon arrive in perfect condition.

Also, if I've got my eye on something, I'll watch YouTube reviews (three/four) from people with similar skin tones and types as me so I can see what it looks like and how it wears.

All in all, try to order products from a place you know you can trust. I normally lean towards Sephora for high end products, CVS, Walmart, Target, and Walgreen's for drugstore brands, and Ulta for a combination of both.

• it's probably safe as its from a good website and the makeup is natural because I herd some makeup can cause cancer

• yeah those fake copies with too many industrial chemicals can cause cancer

• I do it anyways, here in denmark we don't have a wide selection

• Only scared of not getting the right color shade

• I used to buy makeups online, but they are all well known brand, which has offline stores as well.

• that's nice babe

• I know :/ so even if they offer the cheap price, we need to be careful :P, I normally check what kind of delivery service they offer and what kind of package they use, before order the product :)