What qualities do you look for in a potential mate?

Looks, personality, attitude, et al. Which is by far, the absolute, most important to you? And why?

Most Helpful Girl

• I like a man, not a boy. As in I dislike immaturity. Being funny or humorous isn't the same as being immature. I want a guy, that if he's in a relationship, takes it seriously. Not pretending that he isn't in one. I want a guy that can pick me up without too much effort. I want him to be able to tell me when somethings wrong, not just say he's fine when he really isnt. Looks wise, Just be taller than me, keep yourself clean (short clean nails, non-greasy hair, facial hair is fine, but keep it nice, wear cologn, B.O. is nasty).

What Girls Said 3

• For me personally looks are not extremely important to me but they still matter. However honesty, compassion, trust, respect, loyalty, passion, funny, nice, sweet, caring, and smart all matter very much when I am looking for someone to date and possibly marry. If they can not be honest and true they have no place in my heart not to mention if they can't make you laugh you won't have much fun so why try? :) :P :D XD

• I look for an incredible sense of humor, humility, high intelligence and wit. and I also look for clean, trim finger nails, two eyebrows, a long straight nose, sophisticated lips (only I know what that means), and darker skin than mine.

• And for the rest of you out there, I'm quite sure she can go into more detail.

• Looks-wise I'm not picky; I find that a guy's personality enhances his appearance. That being said, I think there has to be SOME form of physicaly connection, though. Personality tops my list though, with intelligence being the absolute, most important quality. I've always been the one everyone comes to for help with assignments and such so when a guy is smarter than me it's almost like some kind of a relief but turn on at the same time.

What Guys Said 2

• I look for intelligence, kindness, a sense of humor, compassion, and honesty. Add physical attraction on top of that, and that right there is a lethal combination, ladies and gents.

• Intelligence, humor, and looks. Those are the initial things that get my attention. After that I look for compatibility.