Does dark dye over bleached hair fade?

I had heavy bleach highlights and I got a lot of lowlights. I hate the lowlights. They look muddy. I washed my hair a few times and it seems the lowlights are starting to fade. Will they go away?

Most Helpful Girl

• yeah im pretty sure they fade easier over bleached hair. they'll fade regardless, but it might be a little easier since your hair was lighter.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• It will fade as the bleach made the hair shaft porous meaning it cannot keep hold of all the new colour.

• So it will keep washing out?

• It won't wash out completely but a fair amount will and the hair shaft is porous so lets more colour out than it would have done had you not coloured it. I had lowlights put in my bleached hair and by the time it was due to be highlighted again the lowlights were much lighter almost back to blonde.

Hope that helps.

• not if you use perminant dye, avoid washing your hair as much as possible and use color safe shampoo