Purely based on clothes, can you spot a douchebag?

Can you? Do you get it wrong sometimes? Tanktop, beanie... douchey? Yes, me. Go!

P. S. I love you all.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 8

• From appearance I can tell immediately if a guy is a douchebag. All guys who look like douchebags to me are. I can tell from their demeanor.

Sometimes the "nice guys" slip my attentuon. I still classify them as douchebags.

• So what does dbags dress like?

• General rule: if a guy dresses extremely well and hasn't had a history of quality girlfriends to back that up, he's a douchebag. not always the case but I have found it to be true a LOT- like 99.9 percent of the time.

A douchebag is showy and vain. They wear things to show off their muscles or abs and are obviously very into their appearance. They show off by dressing impeccably and do NOT have the demeanor to match the part. They don't always have to show their muscles but in general they love drawing attention to their appearance in an overt way.

Some douchebags don't have good style. Like Justin bieber for example. But you can tell he's a douchebag with how vain he comes off as. Arched eyebrows, strutting like a peacock, etc.

• A really sexy man who isn't a douchebag can either dress simply and not care about his appearance, or dress sexy and not seem into himself.

The key is that douchebags are vain and really self absorbed. I can pick up on this.

Just adding on, for me personally guys in professional clothing are so sexy. Suits, button up shirts, polos

• I don't think you can tell if someone is a 'douche' until you've interacted with them a bit.
    How can a beanie and tank top be douchie? Lol

• Some people seem to think a tank top is. I agree tho, attitude makes a douche ha

• Uh Nah I think u'd need to talk to them and see what they're like, to call them "douchey", and nope I think its kinda hot when guys wear tank tops or a beanie, shows he has sense of style or something, so yea.

• Sense of style? Yea buddy lets go!

• Lol yep, I think he likes to dress and all, not like some guys that wear the same thing over and over and over till it gets boring lol. Its hot when a guy wears those.

• Sometimes you just can't judge a book by it's cover. Sometimes you can. Usually I can tell if a guy isn't worth my time, just by his immediate demeanor.

• Clothes definitely play a factor tho?

• Yeah of course.

• Yes, you look like a d-bag. I don't know what clothes you normally wear but the ones you're wearing in that photo aren't helping your case

• I agree with you. Its sad but some people really do fit the stereo type.

• Oh yes you can!

• head phones
    shiny parkas
    high top Adidas
    eehhhh, beanies are ok if he has nice facial hair.
    uhh very meticulously gelled back hair.

but even if a guy is dressed like a douche, I would still give him a chance. It seems shallow to judge someone just on how they dress. besides, i can't deny that a douchebag's appearance can be attractive sometimes

• :O Nooooooooooo!!! Not my Hair 😢

• oh no, its ok, i like gelled back hair, but I kinda find a man with gelled back hair a little intimidating. like, i would be less likely to approach him...

• Yeah no offense but you do look douchey and like a player sorry

What Guys Said 10

• Not on ones choice of clothes, no.

Perhaps on body language rather
    there's this typical way guys walk, mostly when
    walking with their friends, like they own the road.

.. I take great pleasure in having them walk around
    me, seeing them no longer that confident in themselves.. ^.~

• I couldn't do that. That's stereotyping.

As a black man in America I know how it feels to be stereotyped... I couldn't do that to someone else.

• don't judge a book by its cover

• I don't like to do this because it doesn't define everyone but when I see long socks, sandals, a tanktop, and a backwards hat, it's a 95% chance he is a douchebag. That's just me. :)

• You can't always judge the book by its cover - just most of the time.

• Yes I can also usually spot a girl who is a biyatch

• If you showoff too much and have a cocky attitude then yeah

• Not simply by clothes but by the way they carry themselves and speak.

• Eh, I suppose it could be worse. You could be wearing nothing but Ed Hardy clothes, or have a closet full of Tapout/Affliction t-shirts lolol

• For me I'm not bothered by any style except the extreme hipster look and the Y0L0 attitude that goes with it.