Should I dye my hair? Nervous over image change! ?

I kind of want to dye my hair bright rainbow colours. I have a free semester off school, so it seems like the time is right. I'm doing this as a reward for graduating, but at the same time all of the sudden I'm just not as excited. I've never dyed my hair before, and this is kind of out of character, so it was going to be a new leaf for me. Sort of like a middle finger to people's expectations. But now part of me is thinking, do I really want to cut off my nose to spite my face? Plus the more I think about it the more juvenile and angsty it seems. I can't seem to recapture that, I just want pink hair feeling. I know it's just hair and I'm reading into this way of much, but I'm second guessing myself. have you ever made a dramatic image change? How did you psych yourself up for it?

I should probably mention that my current image is a good girl prep/nerd. But then I had a whole bunch of concussions, and now I've got brain damage and stuff, so I feel really insecure a bout my status as a prep/nerd. I'm not sure if dying my hair will make me feel better or worse. I can't decide if this is letting go or running away. I feel like this could be fun, but it's also the last straw of pretending to care about the normal stuff I used to.

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't do it. It seems silly. But hey, if you want to - do it. Up to you.

What Guys Said 1

• Rainbow color? Don't do it. That will look weird to most people.

What Girls Said 1

• If you want to dye your hair then dye your hair. It is your hair do what you want with it. Who cares what other people think its your hair. If you want to dye then dye it. If you don't then don't do it.