When girls grow to look like their moms?

Do women grow up to look like their moms? For example, she is really cute when she is young but her mom is older (of course). So will she grow up to look like her mom?

Most Helpful Girl

• My sister looks like my mom and grandmother on that side, but she's got the stocky build my Dad's side has.

Me on the other hand, I got mom's skinny mini build and I look like my Dad's sister, her daughter, his brother's daughter, grandmother, and half sister all mixed together. The females on that side all have very similar facial structures, most people think I'm my cousin's sister.

I don't look a lick like my mom (or have her temper, my sister does). I got most of my dad's genes. The only thing my mom and I have in common is a similar voice, we always get confused over the phone.

What Girls Said 7

• Not necessarily. Their genes are that of both of their parents, so they will basically look like some sort of combination of the women on their father's side of the family and the women on their mother's side of the family. It's obviously not balanced 50-50, but you get the picture, I hope.

For example, my mother and her three sisters really don't look very much like their mother at all, and my father's sister looks nothing like their mother.

• It really depends on genes and lifestyle choices. A good way to gauge this would be to check out a photo of her mother when she was the same age. If the mother looked like the daughter does now, then that's a pretty good indicator.

• She could it depends if she looks like her mom when she was born I don't look like my mom at all instead I look like my dad so when I'm old I will have his face.

• Not necessarily..

I don't look my mother in any way - which kinda sucks aha..

But like IronPanther12 said... It just really depends..

Does it really matter though.?

• lol only if she looks like her now.

• most likely not...

• Not necessarily. Genetics work in a funny way, she could have more of her dad's characteristics or even look like another relative altogether. I don't think I look like either of my parents I look more like my grandmother when she was young.

What Guys Said 2

• Probably not.

Scratch that. Definitely not.

• Some do some don't. Usually any child looks a little like both the mom and the dad. But it really all depends...