Is very long hair attractive to guys?

I do have quite long hair, to my lower back and even though I have layers and highlights, I feel it looks quite boring and plain most of the time like. Kind like this

cdnpix.com/.../...74fcb2283f07923a2dde1a0797ed.jpg

Just that my hair is lighter in the ends, darker on top. But well I've been thinking to cut some of it off and go for a more exiting hairstyle. Possibly get a perm like this
ucesy-sk.happyhair.sk/.../mccord1m1610.jpg

But obviously that's kinda a risk. It'd take year to grow it out again. And other than that I think it looks boring I'm not unhappy with my current hair.
So just wondering, what do you guys think?

Most Helpful Girl

• Good question, I'm curious myself! Guys?

• So far responses have been mixed. I'm still as unsure as I was before

What Guys Said 17

• I really like the long hair. It fits very well on most girls, there is a wider variety of ways you can style it, it's more fun to play with, and it's more feminine.

• I'm not a fan, personally, of hair as long as yours. I think when it gets that long it gets kind of weird. Like what do you do to keep it out of your way during certain activities?

• Nothing I just have it up in a high ponytail when I work out. Sometimes when it's windy out I have it in a side braid or winter just tuck it into my scarf. Other than that I just wear it open

• Well you definitely have beautiful hair, and it would look really great about shoulder blade length.

• well to be honest, I also grew it that long because I broad shoulders and I feel long hair would cover them, so that's also why I'm a bit worried about cutting them

• I think 90% of guys love long hair it just is like an impressive thing to us, like we see what you do to it like you do a braid and we're just like wow sooo cool or were impressed by how much time you put into it. So I don't think cutting your hair is a good idea :)

• Long hair can be attractive, personally I like it a tad longer then shoulder length so it sweeps over the shoulder a bit.

• Depends on the girl, some pull off the look better than others.

• no!! please leave it long! I love when girls have long hair

• I knew a woman like that (2nd pic) that had lightish brown hair I thought she was a model lol anyways it depends are you willing to take a risk? If so go for it your hair will grow back anyways right?

• ya but it'll take a long time to grow back. As I said, years.

Opinions here were fairly mixed, so still not sure

• but other than that it's pretty much like mine

• If that's how your hair looks like it must be cute lol one thing for sure what I've read is that men , long ago, favored women with long hair rather than short because it was a sign of good health. I think those were during the times cave men if I'm not mistaken. I hope that gives you an insight of how to deal with your situation.

• i love long hair,

• I like the first one WAYYY better. The perm reminds me of the 80s. That decade is in the past for a reason lol. But if your hair really is as long like the first pic, that's really nice. Especially if it's up in a pony tail:)

• really? I thought it was quite modern

• Not me. I see perms and I'm like "oh fuck! They 80s are back!" And I wanna run away! I thought they looked terrible when I was a kid back in the 80s, I still think they look terrible. But long hair like the first pic, in a high pony tail..., that's a hot look :)

• As long as you don't look like cousin itt, it's alright.

• Yeah, I love it! :)

• It is attractive for me, I like it.

• i love long hair !

• I personally like long hair.

• If your hair reaches down to your butt, it's way too long. I'd say cut it maybe a foot.

• I mostly like long hairs since it is easier to pull them during sex ;p

• I always do a double-take when I see Pentecostal girls around here with hair down to their knees. I love long hair.

• well it's not to my knees, I wouldn't let it get further than my butt

• My friend Sarah lol

What Girls Said 8

• Straight hair is meant to be straight. And same goes for curly, so don't perm it because if you do it wrong it often burns your scalp and half bald spots plus that's stuff smells like eggs.

I should know my mother used to perm my hair because she didn't know how to deal with it lol. Its terrible

• I have long hair also, sometimes its boring and I get a bit annoyed when I sit on it, but I like it-wouldn't cut it😏

maybe you could keep that length, but make it into long curls, not that short perm😏 I don't know, whatever suits u :)

• If it is as long as it is shown in the picture it is very beautiful. I know a girl who has very long hair, it reaches her bum and all people say it looks ugly.

• just sayin
    almost all my guy friends (and there are many)
    like long hair
    so keep it,
    maybe just a trim or highlights
    no cutting

• Long hair is lovely don't be silly!

• I had really long hair, then I cut it 5 inches and this picture makes me miss it :(

• 5 inch isn't that much

• I wish I had hair like yours. Don't cut it. My hair won't grow very far past my shoulders and it's hard to manage. I have crazy curls but all I want is for my hair to be straight. You have tons of options with long straight hair. You can cut bangs, wear it straight, do a big bun, braids, long ponytails, up do's, and topknots. You can just curl it whenever you want

• a lot of guys like long hair. i think you should just cut some of it off though. a perm is very risky. i got a perm like that and it did not turn out the way i wanted it to. it came out awful, and was super painful. : i think you should just cut some off your hair. maybe try a different style or length, but i wouldn't recommend perming it.

• Plus your hair smells effing awful after a perm! That stench permeates the house and attacks my nose like a roman cavalry. No me gusta

• yeah it does stink pretty bad for a little bit haha