How young does a child have to be, for you to allow them to paint their nails?

I heard some parents don't allow it until the child is a teen. Others don't really see a problem in allowing them at any age.

What do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• If I ever have a daughter, she can paint her nails at 3. That's when curiousity hit hard. If I'm doing it, she can too. I don't see why not. They have no toxic safe for kids polishes. It's made from the same materials that are found in kids crayola box crayons.

• What about if you have a son? q

• Oh ok. Sorry about that.

• Wow. Thank you for MHO.

What Guys Said 7

• My mother taught my sisters to paint their nails and such when the oldest of them was around eight. It was a kinda hangout thing they would all do together. On the same note though, it never really left the house except for dance recitals and sometimes church.

My sisters only really started wearing painted nails out and about when they were teenagers. They do it for fun though, none of them are really into makeup.

• When she's gonna be 14-15. It's unacceptable to see those beauty contests for girls under 10 years old wearing makeup, painting nails and making their hair...

• With my sisters and other people I knew, the girls were quite young. Probably around 7 or 8. Little girls like to play dress up, nothing wrong with that.

• i don't see any problem with it. at least she must know that she mustn't drink the nail polish liquid

• There is little girls who get their nails painted and they are like 7-8 years old
    it's hard to say what's too young or not old enough , there is 1-3 year olds getting
    ears pierced , least i hear so in the Catholic religion..

• Sixteen years if it's outside the home.

• Don't really care, ill paint them as young as they want.

Ear piercing i might not be so lenient on. maybe age 13 for that perhaps?

• They usually recommend piercing a child's ears when they are newborns to avoid pain.

What Girls Said 5

• I don't see a problem with it at any age. I'd say probably 5 though so they at least know what nail polish is and understand how it needs to dry and not to eat it. That's only if they're interested in it though if not I'm not going to force it on them.

Only on their real nails though no fake nails or anything until high school. It can be used as an incentive too like if they behave well you'll sparkle their nails. I would apply it myself though until their older and can it handle it on their own.

My mom and older sister use to paint my toes all the time when I was little.

• I don't really do the fake nails. I'm only referring to nail polish.

I like your opinion. Thanks :)

• Well, I could allow it at home at a young age for fun but just at home. Outside or school? I'd say 15. It was like that for me and I though it was a good idea

• Well I'm 20 and I've a 5 year old sister. On the weekends since she was 3 I've painted her nails. Once I get it off before school my mama doesn't mind. The school doesn't mind either.

• 3 years old and up. I don't see the issue with plain nail polish.

• I wouldn't mind at any age as I long as I trust them not to eat it. So I'd probably say around 5 or 6 cause that's when I stopped putting random things in my mouth:) I personally didn't start painting my nails till I was ten:P