Girls/Guys: What advice can you give to improve the wardrobe?

As I grow older, work out more, build confidence in myself, I notice little things about myself that have been going on for years. The main one, is that I own a lot of black. I love black, yes; however, I want to reach out and try new things, but since I don't have a feminine mom in ANY sense of the word or close girl friends, I'm not sure where to start. Ninety-eight percent of my shirts are black, my running shoes (which are the only shoes I have) are black, my socks are black... Lots of black. I've never been comfortable with heels, so I don't know what else is out there for me to try that isn't a 6in+ stiletto heel or something. Also, I wear blue jeans... ALL THE TIME. I'm self-conscious in a dress or a skirt, because I'm not sure it's really ME or that I have the figure for it, and I don't own a pair of shorts.

I'd really like to spice things up for my wardrobe to make me feel and look sexier and classier, but not trashy or overly revealing (i. e. no tube tops, sorry!). What advise can you give me?

Thank you for your help in advance!

Most Helpful Girl

• So if you don't like dresses or skirts, buy a few nice pairs of slacks. If you really like black, and I /love/ black, you can wear black things. What you have to do is get something like a black blazer or jacket and wear an accent underneath it. Your accent has to be bright and patterns look really well with it.

The best way to do this is to buy the jackets and blazers first. Then try on your blouses underneath them. This way you're not looking at a solid wall of bright colors. Also, look with black blouses with accents on them. Metallic accents go incredibly well with black.

What Guys Said 1

• try lingeries they are sexy and comfortable. buy some shorts i love wearing black too. try sexy night wear

What Girls Said 2