My makup doesn't work?

Whenever I put on eyeliner I still look the same :/

Most Helpful Girl

• You're not supposed to look much different anyway. In my shitty pic I only have eyeliner on and I look almost the same without it. If you want to look slightly different, then you should try putting on a combination of mascara, eyeliner (and/or) eyepencil (the color depends on the effect you want to achieve) & eyeshadow.

What Guys Said 3

• It may be old. If it's pencil maybe you need to sharpen the pencil since it's dull. Maybe you ran out of it? Or maybe it's not a dark enough color.

• Or maybe you need more. Try also using eyeshadow if you want because if the liner isn't working maybe try something with it. Also use mascara (if you don't already).

• Or maybe you're applying wrong/not enough. Try different styles of eyeliner designs.

• Of you can give us more details that would help :)

• Thats something new

• Prove it, lol

What Girls Said 6

• Maybe you're using an extremely thin line, or the eyeliner is too old or something. Sometimes I buy eyeliner that's too hard to use, and I have to get a softer pencil instead.

Is eyeliner the only make-up you use? Because mascara helps make eye make-up look better, too.

• Are you only using eyeliner? Make-up usually looks better when you use a couple of products together. Maybe try looking up some tutorials on YouTube to find out how to get the most out of your eyeliner, if that's what you want to stand out the most.

• maybe the eyeliner is too close to your skin tone. Black usually is a good match for most girls and sometimes you have to put it on a tad bit thicker. Go over your eye lid a few times so it will show up on your skin.

• Me too. The struggles of being a potato. I use liquid eyeliner but I love eyeliner pens they're so much easier to use. You should try mascara with it too, so it looks better. EVERY time I use eyeliner pencil it comes out too light, i'm sure it's because i don't press hard enough, i have black and blackest black.. so it's not the color. Eyeliner pencil isn't for me, i don't think it's right for beginners because it doesn't glide easily so it's harder to put on. I recommend trying something else.

• You have to use concealer before anything - to make your skin better.

I'm not even sure what you mean by 'the same'... a picture would help.

• Um.. Okay?