I miss being called "cute" rather than being called "hot"

I hate it when I'm called hot rather than cute. I guess it's the opposite for guys though, guys would rather be called "hot" rather than cute. is this true?

Most Helpful Guy

• *cough* need pics

to me I find it just as the same, then again... I wouldn't feel great if I got called fugly

I've only been called HOT a few times as well as HANDSOME, I used to get called CUTE quite frequently but not any more, now a days I get called good looking, a few days ago I got called MANWHORE by my family...

I accually got quite upset

• That' sucks your family called you names like that. that's hurtful for sure. my mom is verbally abusive and you know what? I tend to ignore her, and just focus on school and hang out with friends and it helps.

• Yeah my family bad mouth me all the time, I ignore them all the time

What Guys Said 5

• It sort of depends on the guy, just like it depends on the girl. Personally, I don't really mind either way. I certainly wouldn't object to girls calling me cute. For the majority of guys, though, go with something more masculine than cute, just to be safe. Guys tend to see themselves as having to be masculine and manly to be good looking, not dainty and cute. Handsome, although a bit old-fashioned, is a classic way to tell a guy he's good looking that he will always appreciate. Saying he's hot works also, and most guys will appreciate it.

• I'd rather be called hot than cute but I'll take any compliment I can get.

+ 1 for hot.

• Well I used to be cute, and it rankled me a bit to be called that. Now I'm disgusting to all who see me, and it's a little easier that way.

• your cute

happy?

:D

• Actually kind of, most guys take cute as looking less masculine so it is sometimes a bit insulting (depending on the guy) however some of us (like me) kind of enjoy it, but I'd still much rather be called "sexy" or "handsome" or something more masculine yet at the same time doesn't make me feel like a man whore (I think a lot of guys like feeling man whores or as they may put it "pimp"). And as for women, I'd much rather be with and enjoy the sight of a cute one than a "hot" one. Maybe I'm just weird or whatever, but I tend to only have an attraction to cute girls over "hot" ones.

What Girls Said 2

• I know a lot of girls prefer being called hot, but I agree with you. Probably because my personality isn't actually all that cute, so it's not a compliment I hear often, haha

• It's the opposite for some girls too, I think being called cute is really patronizing, don't you? I much prefer being called hot.