Why can't I be sexually attracted to shorter guys?

I really, really like this guy. He's attractive and kind- one of the nicest people I've ever met. He makes me laugh and we have an awesome time together. He wants to date me and he likes me in a romantic way. The thing is he's shorter than me (1-2") and I'm just not sexually attracted to him because of that, but I WANT to be. I wish we could be more than friends in my head. What is my problem!?

Most Helpful Guy

• GOD!...i know how your guy feels, I'm 5'6" on a good day. very fit, and I am constantly told I'm such a great guy...but no girls wants to date me...why? because I'm too damn short. even girls who are shorter than me think that way...

my suggestion, give it a shot, you never know what will spark when you have that first kiss, or any other intimate moment. You may not find him attractive now, but that's not what matters, if you like him at least give him a shot. what's the worst that could happen, you both realize you don't have the right kind of feelings for each other and you go back to being friends...

Besides short guys, well lets just say that we...know what to do...

What Guys Said 6

• This is a great question.. Just goes to show that girls need to stop talking about how guys only like them because they are hot... Anyways I'm not going to rip on you that hard, even though I'm only 5'4". Sure I may be overlooked by taller girls, but I really don't care, the only problem I would have is if I liked a taller girl and she leads me on because she only has a problem with my height. I really hope you aren't leading this guy on because if you are and you aren't going to get over the height issue then you are truly a sad person and are going to hurt this guy in so many ways you don't even know. Make a decision fast or move on. Simple as that.

• Hey dude, as a fellow short-guy I know where you are coming from. So many girls have a height fixation, know that from experience. Tall girls are not interested in us short guys which I can forgive them for (it's understandable). But what is so frustrating is when a short girl insists she only finds tall guys attractive! So many are that way which makes them very sad people indeed..

• There's nothing necessarily wrong with that, I mean, you're attracted to whoever you're attracted to. My best friend who's 5'8" said he couldn't date a woman that was taller than him, and couldn't specify an exact reason, so I can see where you're coming from. I guess you would just need to prioritize what is more important to you: one or two inches in height, or the kind of person he is...and you said that he is a great guy.

• as much as women like to think they are the "better sex" they are just as shallow as men.

I know TONS of women who are 4'-5'1, and yet demand on dating men who are no less that 6'1.

if women just want sex, yea they want the male top model.

but if you want loyalty, a man who loves you, passion, reliable, all the things that make a man truly great, you should be looking at his heart, not the legs.

how many women complain they don't want to be looked at as a sex object?

well, your doing precisely that.

• Yes, I said I do LIKE him and I WANT to feel sexually attracted to him. I wish that I wanted to date him because he's amazing. I just can't figure out why him being shorter takes away the sex appeal of him.

• It's all in your head. A lot of people have problem with height. A lot of women don't want to look like giants because women are historically suppose to be dainty.

Guys don't want to be with a taller girl because historically they are suppose to be bigger and stronger.

Be completely honest with yourself. Is an inch or two in height more important that being happy and loving? Even further are most physical features worth depriving yourself that?

Once you get get it into your head that height doesn't matter (it doesn't) you'll be fine.

• You are a product of the era we live in, so in a way your problem is that you are not really the master of your own mind or even your own feelings...You have allowed the environment you have been raised in to affect your values.

Whatever you decide upon, be quick and let the guy know immediately as leaving him hanging in suspense is very cruel and wicked. & be sure you make a final decision.

• short guys have short d***s, remember that ladies =D

What Girls Said 5

• You don't have a problem, a lot of girls are like that. Even me, I love the guys that tower over me. So I say, go out with him. I think you are paying too much attention to the fact he is slightly shorter then you. I think it would be different if he was a foot shorter, but a couple inches isn't bad. But I mean, if you like him, why not? And if its a matter of other people, who cares.

• Don't worry a lot of girls are like that (including me)

but since he's like the nicest person you've ever met and he makes you laugh etc..

I would give him a chance you like him so it shouldn't matter that he's shorter than you are, don't let go of this one you might end up regretting not going out with him in the first place.

But its up to you if you think you can't get over the fact that he's a little shorter then move on before you end up hurting his feelings.

• is it the shortness or lack of attraction. maybe you just don't have chemistry.

• wtf his hight doesn't matter. what's ur problem.

• I've never had this problem, but I can say what DOES attract me to some shorter guys (not that I don't like tall ones too). When at first they look like pushovers, but you get to know them and they're kickass despite the shortness - that gives them a sort of double layered aspect that I like - what you see isn't always what you get. Isn't it more interesting that way? Also, a shorter guy may have had to overcome more obstacles in life because of that shortcoming, which may also have added to his character somewhat. You know he at least knows what it's like not to have it easy because of your physical size, and that's something a girl can relate to.

Also maybe I'm werid but I think of it as "better efficiency", a boyfriend with less total mass ...xD