What is more important to you a nice house or a nice car?

If you could only have one but not both what would your choice be and why.

• I would rather have a nice modern house with all the latest things and a 25 year old car that has none of the latest features but is reliable.
  • I would rather have a brand new car with all the latest features and a house that operates well but looks old and like it needs modernising.

Most Helpful Girl

• A nice house because that's where I may want to potentially raise a family and/or invite relatives/friends over.

People can get past a busted car.
    What they can't get past is a messed up looking house.
    It says a lot more.
    It speaks a lot about your financial situation (whether it's accurate or not)

• This^

I agree with everything. ^.^

• I agree with you. If anything I think more of someone with a messed up looking house than an old car. I would not care less if my friend, girlfriend or family member has a 25 year old car or a brand new one. I mean a brand new one is nice but I don't judge people on the car they own.

What Girls Said 10

• Nice house hands down that is where u sleep bathe eat and do other things etc. A car is important but not that important its typically cheaper to get a car than a house and I could catch a bus taxi train to get where I need to go if my car breaks down bt since its reliable im good the house is a must :)

• I agree because you spend way more time in your house than your car and brand new cars only devalue the moment you drive them out the gate of the car dealers yard.

• It seems to be typical of VW, Audi and BMW to be that unreliable.

• And I also heard someone say to us this "because her car is a pre 2005 VW it is a reliable one and you should see how unreliable the 2005 and newer VW's are. They are way worse"

• as long as the car is safe and drives smoothly, I don't care.

a nice house (with a good amout of land) is much more important to me.

• I entirely agree with you because

1. You spend much more time in your house than in your car.
      2. Spending money on cars is dead money, you only loose money on cars as they devalue unless it is some unique car with a strong following. Houses have a much better chance of increasing in value.

• definitely a house. thats where i live, and where i am most of the time. i dont care really about the car lol

• A nice house. I couldn't care less about a car as long as it's reliable, will take me to where I need to go, and has working heat.

• A nice house because who wants to sleep in a car? A house is nice and warm and has enough space and a bathroom.

• I would choose to have a happy heart and a peaceful soul ~

Ooh didn't see that comin didja?

• A good house was first on my list.

• Definitely house. I don't really care about cars

• Yeah well you spend much more time in your house than in your car and brand new cars devalue the moment you drive out the gate of the car dealers yard.

• A good house!

• the car cause I don't wanna drive in an old broken down car. i could always fix up the house

What Guys Said 9

• I'd rather have a home that I really love than a car that I really love. It doesn't need to be modern and super fancy, though. The kitchen needs to be big and functional, that's about it.

• What is your reason for needing a big kitchen do you do a lot of cooking or have a lot of visitors around often?

• Yeah I cook a lot, and I really enjoy having an eat-in kitchen with lots of space for seating and room for people. :-) And I would like to cook for more people, yeah.

• What types of food do you like to cook?

• a house because i don't drive anyway LOL

• A home is better, and will give u a better return financially over a car that depreciates like crazy year by year.

• Nice house. Of course a nice house isn't indestructible, but a lot can happen with a car. It can get stolen, scratched, hit, and it loses value the second you get it. The biggest point is that sleeping in a 'nice car' isn't cool at all.

• Nice house, cars will come and go.

• House trumps car!

• Of course a nice house, because that's where I spend most of my time and others can visit me.

• I agree you spend much more of your time in your house than in your car. Also you only loose money with cars as they devalue. Houses can often increase in value cars never do unless they are some sort of unique car that has a following behind them.

• The nice house. I don't care about cars as long as it gets good mileage and isn't rusty

• Neither. Material things dont mean shit