Does appearance matter in life?

I mean like getting a job, finding a bf, or even just finding friends... does appearance really matter. For example, I wear big sweats everyday and I tie my hair up. I never wear anything but oversized t-shirt and sweats. Do you think it matter in life what a girl wears? Also, I find it hard to find pretty clothes that I like so I decided a long time ago to dress this way. I am really into clothes that have detail like something women use to wear in the 18th century very detail thing is what I like. Everything to plain and to ugly. I just want more clothes that have detail or special designs. lol sorry for the rant. Does appearance matter in life?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would be more comfortable to give opinion when you display your appearance visually to us. If you aren't comfortable then you can personally message me.
    Yeah don't worry. I don't have any sexual intentions with you. Just opinion and part away.
    Or display here in update.

What Guys Said 4

• Absolutely. Your appearance makes others get additional thoughts about you.
    Example: Employers look at you and try to figure out how your look will affect (or effect) things related to the job you're applying for. If you don't know how to dress for work then others might get negative views about you and even the workplace depending on what it is. So your appearance totally matters.

• Appearances matter is the first source of information we got for something unknown, but also is not everything.

• yes absolutely, putting effort into your appearance shows you put effort in life,
    im sure you can find exactly what your style is if you look online, at specialty shops.
    employers will be more likey to higher someone that looks well put together over some one who rolled out of bed and walked into their office.

the more effort you put into anything the better the results

• You wear all that outside?

What Girls Said 2

• Dressing for success is a real thing. If you went into a job interview in sweats and a t-shirt with your hair in a sloppy bun on top of your head that interviewer would automatically assume you treat your work the same wa you treat yourself. It also makes people think you don't care and are not invested in whatever you are doing. I'm not saying to ditch all of your hoodies and yoga pants, but there is a time and a place for everything.

• Physical attraction matters to me but looks only go so far