Is this dress ok? I don't know anything about fashion?

Today is a really important day for me and my gf and we're going out on a surprise date (for her). Now, I never wear dresses but she likes when I do so I bought this one because I thought it was pretty but now I don't know. What do you think of it?

33.media.tumblr.com/.../...nuiXS1ri1o53o1_1280.jpg

Close up:
31.media.tumblr.com/.../...8i5iD1ri1o53o3_1280.jpg

I still have a few hours left until the date so I can go and buy another dress. Be honest!

Will it look good with black heels? or which color?

Ohhh no! I forgot the picture that shows the length of the dress but I can't upload it now. Anyways it's above the knee!
It's supossed to look nice but not thaat fancy. We're having dinner in a kind of fancy restaurant but then it's gonna get casual because we're going on a picnik for the desserts and drinks. (in a really pretty place omggg I'm so excited! I made it look pretty last night, put some of those Christmas lights and other things to make it look nice I'M REALLY EXCITED)

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 10

• It's on the dramatic side.. if it's a casual date, you'll be overdressed.. but if it's on the formal side, you'll get a lot of attention, especially with the black heels! Tone it down with a shawl if you don't want constant attention!

• Ahhhh I don't know! it starts in a fancy restaurant by the sea but then it's gonna get casual... thanks!

• It looks nice, and it would go very nicely with black heels. If you wanted to really class it up id suggest a simple necklace

• Yeah I'km not sure if I'll go with a necklace or with bracelets yet ummmmm probably the second because I like them better haha thanks

• bracelets would add variety and make the outfit more casual than a necklace would so whatever you want. there's nothing stopping you trying a few different jacket/bag/jewelry combinations

• they key is not to feel insecure about what you wear basically. wear whatever fits you better... you like this dress? then put it on.

• Thanks! I needed to be sure haha and I'm not used to wearing dresses like that

• My answer may not be in time, and I have to say I don't know much about fashion either, but I think it's a very pretty dress. I like the detailing on the sleeves, and it's a beautiful blue color.

• I really like the dress and think it looks lovely.

• Its good nothing wrong with it.

• I think it's amazing, and it really suits you.

• I like it, it looks good

• yeah not bad

• I don't think you should be having second thoughts, it looks amazing! I'd be well pleased if my date was wearing that.

What Girls Said 16

• Stunning, absolutely stunning! You look very nice in that dress, it looks like it fits you well. I also like the color! Also don't listen to the guys about it being too dramatic, because what do they know? . But anyway you should be able to wear what you want, when you want, and feel beautiful in it! And also, I say you could go in black heels, or maybe heels that add a pop of color if you are going for a more "modern" look. But with that dress, pretty much any kind of flats, or heels would go with it.

• Emma you look wonderful in blue.
    Just have a great time.
    Remember, your mind is the biggest tool of desire we humans have.
    Blue dress, sexy smile, courageous mind, all add up to person bound for social successes.
    :))

• Hah thank you! I needed to be sure. I tond usually wear dresses

• that dress is soooo pretty!!! i love that. where did you get it? that would look great with black heels.

• Thank yooou! It's from a local boutique haha I can't even remember the name, sorry!
      Thaaanks

• aww ahha thats ok. you're welcome!!

• I think it's pretty. It's like you can dress it up and down. I'd say black or beige heels but keep a pair of comfortable shoes in your bag if you're going for a picnik after.

• Omg that's SOO adorable:D have fun

• Stunning! Would be lovely with some nude heels. But if I would tell your gf that your wearing a dress cos u dont want her showing up in jeans and a t shirt!

• I already told her to wear one (she doesn't know I bought one too) but even if I didn't, she would still show up in one hahaha that's all she wears. Thanks!!

• I think it looks really pretty! It would go with dark blue or black flats (or heels, this is just a personal preference because I can't walk in heels). It looks like something Aranea Serket would wear! :D static.tvtropes.org/.../Homestuck_Aranea_6557.png

• I hate heels too but I must wear them tonight haha. Omg my friend is obsessed with Homestuck!

• I like it a lot. Might want to wear lighter colored shoes with it, though. Nice contrast. If you wear black, they'll look too much like the dark blue.
    Wow. Can't believe I'm giving fashion advice 😮

• Haha I feel you! I'm not into those things either.

• Same haha this is my only dress and I bought it specially for today oops

• Hahaha cool :-)

• you look adorable! :)

• Love it! Do you have any accessories?

• I like it :)

• Go for it, that dress is pretty :)
    The dress would look good in neutral colored heels

• That's a pretty dress!

• It looks very pretty. Maybe nude heels If you have them.

• I can borrow them from my sis :P

• It'll look very nice. It doesn't look overdressed like that one guy said at all either.

• Thanks! yeah, I thought it was a casual cocktail dress (if that's even a thing)

• It is a really nice, and black heels will fit, also put a simple necklace that will look good.

• I like it. Take black purse and black coat, classy look