What do you think of Asian punks?

I guess I can describe myself as an Asian 'punk'. What do you think when you see an Asian chick wearing like Docs, all black and stuff? I'm not into the cute kinda stuff that other Asian girls are like and i hate pop, esp. K-pop and stuff like that.

Most Helpful Girl

• People shouldn't give a fuck about who a person is and what they like, because that has nothing to do with them.

And Punk specifically?

Well punk could stand for anything. Not being a certain race doesn't mean you can't be a punk. Not should you be hated on just because you're, let's say, not "white".

Punk can be the way you dress.

What type of music you listen to.

A lifestyle.

And a person shouldn't have to embody all those things.

Punk never meant you should be a specific race.

So next time someone looks at you funny or tells you stupid shit about your culture. Tell them to fuck off because they don't even know half of what makes you, you.

;* live your life.

PUNK ROCK >:O

What Guys Said 8

• that's really strange... i tought punks exist only in western world.

not bad of course though

• Well I reside in the Western World, but that's sort of beside the point… :)

• I think she likes metal and other crazy sreamo music.

Nothing against death metal or screamo but I don't need to hear a dude screaming his lungs out...

• It sounds kind of cool, but I can't really picture it.

It's not the kind of thing that will make or break a friendship. That depends on other things. It certainly won't make me instantly dislike her, though.

• That's what I mean ("but I can't really picture it.") :)

• :D It seems like a cool thing. Not a whole lot of East Asian folks where I live, though.

• There are quite a few Asians where I live, but they're all into cute Asian stuff and Asian pop, and even though I'm proud to be Asian, I'm not into that kind of stuff.

• I don't think anything of Asian punks.

• Thanks. I'm actually glad to hear that. Because I would hate to think that I look so unusual or weird that I would make anyone stop and think about how I look, you know? :)

• Yeah I mean crazy as in weird/strange.

• Ah, never mind…

• I LOVE DEM Asian PUNKIES

• They try too hard. Punks are supposed to be pale Brits, in the 80s.

• Interesting. Thanks.

• Preferably malnourished. I'm obviously not being serious here. People can wear whatever they like.

• Sure there alright I gotta a thing for Asian girls anyway ;)

• i think really? punk went out of style so long ago.

or is there another 80's retro fashion revival trend going on.

• Punk is actually 70s, but that's beside the point.

What Girls Said 3

• I don't really associate different races with different clothing styles, so if you were able to rock it then it would be cool regardless of what other people wear, even if they're the same race as you. You shouldn't have to worry about what other people might think of your style just because it doesn't fit a "stereotype" kind of style. Just be you! That's all that matters :)

• Thanks. You're right! :)

• What? You mean Asian rebs who dress like white punks? Are you game for weed, monstrous tatts and lots of piercing on face and body?

• You're stereotyping. Not all punks have "monstrous tatts and lots of piercings." Iggy Pop didn't and he is considered one of the first punks.

• just read your profile pic that's all. lol

• @youknowit you're gullible lol. Not that im one to take everything as truth here. P. s. in south Africa, Asians are classified as black by whites.

• I think Asians rock!!! No matter how you dress just be who you are and dont give a rat ass about what the people say