What did I do wrong?

Today when I was out I was trying to be more friendly and not look like the lonely guy. It took a lot for me to go out and walk around the mall (which I really hate going to the mall). I figure if I am going to break away from my shyness I will have to more brave and get out in the world. I felt very nervous and extremely awkward about it, but when I would see a pretty woman I would smile at her; nothing crazy just a simple smile. I don't know what I had done wrong but not one of them would smile at me, not one. They just kept looking straight ahead like I wasn't even there. I really don't have a clue what to do... I am trying, but no luck.

What Girls Said 1

• Well it sounds like you are just approaching the situation wrong. I applaud your efforts to break out of your shyness by venturing out into the mall the meet women, but that is not the best place to start. First, women in the mall won't be sitting still long enough for you to talk to them. Second, women are shopping, not flirting. Third, lots of really creepy guys do that in the mall and we are immune to it now. The mall will only work if you are a pick-up-artist.

What you should do is go to a bookstore, park, cafe, or any other place where you have enough time to talk to a woman and not appear creepy. Any place where women feel comfortable, would be a great place to start. You will find that given the right location, women will begin to open up to you.

What Guys Said 1

• Google "cocky funny" for tips on interacting with women. If you really want to practice with women go to the mall and go in stores that have women working (ie mens clothing stores, NOT lingerie stores) and practice talking with them. They are required to talk with you because of their job, but it gives you good practice of talking with girls.