Is Beauty in the Eye of the Beholder or is it constructed by our society?

Is beauty subjective? I'm not only talking about people but about all esthetics aspects of live... Do you think beauty is totally subjective or are there some objective sides about beauty? What do you think has the biggest influence?

Most Helpful Guy

• For those with no original thought who rely on society and the media to tell them what to think beauty is what they are told is beautiful.
    For those that are more receptive to the world as a whole that can are potential in even the darkest places, those that are beauty in flaws, that know that imperfections is what makes us originals know that indeed beauty is in the eye of those that behold it.

What Guys Said 2

• im talking from actual experience, beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder. I found something very special that turned into beauty that society would deem otherwise.

• People forget that what the media portrays is usually what humans biologically think is beautiful. In my opinion beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, what I see as perfect isn't what others see as perfect.

What Girls Said 1

• I think the perception of beauty changes a lot as our society develops and changes.