What determine this size of this piece of clothing?

What exactly determines a bra size? I have always wanted to know.

Most Helpful Girl

• Bra sizes consist of a number and a letter.
    The number (usually ranging from 32-40) measures the band size in inches.
    The letter measures the bra cup size. It usually ranges from A-D, with A being the smallest, and D being the biggest. The average size is usually C. Some specialty brands make sizes G-K.

For example, my size is 38DDD. That means that my bra's band is 38 inches around, and my cup size is DDD (fairly large.)

Hope this helped!

• Yes it does thank you!

• Yes. The sizes are A, B, C, and D. Some specialty brands make sizes G, H, I, J, and K for women with larger sizes.

• I found a chart on a website that provides interesting info : 0,1,2,3,4,5,6, and 7 [AA, A, B, C, D, DD, DDD (F), and G]. . It's bust size subtract by band size (bust size - band size ) refer to those numbers. Thanks for your help!

What Girls Said 2

• the bra size is the size of the bra that you need to buy so people with bigger boobs have a bigger bra size and people with smaller boobs have a smaller bra size.

• How ISO they get the number and cup size?

• To be as simple as possible I am a 36 d which means my cup size the size of my boobs are ds and the 36 is the size that goes around where the clamp is which means I am 36 inches around

What Guys Said 1