Can you overdress (literally) for a date?

What do you think of my outfit below? I have a date with a guy I met online and he wants to go for a walk, then out for dinner/drinks. I tend to get cold easily so I was thinking of hiding fleece tights under my pants, and layering sweaters. Too much?

www.polyvore.com/date_outfit/set?id=140812701

Most Helpful Girl

• I think that looks okay for your date.

• haha I'll take okay... appearances aside, think I will be okay when I go indoors? I've never worn turtleneck under a cowl neck before, worried I'll burn up. But I kinda like the look :)

• I don't think you will burn up if the weather is cold. You should be okay.

• 21d

I'm sure you will be ok with this outfit - even inside.
      I would enjoy a date with a girl bundled up.

What Guys Said 5

• Thats fine, looks nice.

• Would you care if a girl showed up wearing two sweaters on a date? Would you notice lol? :)

• If she's all puffy I may notice. I'd just assume she's really afraid of the cold, but I'd be disappointed I can't take off my jacket and put it over her. I'm clueless about girls fashion I just know if I like or dislike what I see lol.

• 21d

I'm sure I'd notice... and I would enjoy the look.

• If its gonna keep you warm, no worries. It would be worse to be shivering all night.

• Its a nice looking outfit.

• If you get cold easily, they should be fine underneath, because you probably won't get super hot inside. If you really need to, you could excuse yourself to the ladies room and take them off. Stash them in your purse or something.

• 21d

Sure... wear tights under your pants!

• So cute. Go for it.

• Looks very nice. Classy :)

• If you're a freeze baby, go ahead... I am too

What Girls Said 5

• Looks good to me.

• Thanks!!! You don't think it's too many layers? The turtleneck under the cowl neck? I like the look but I've never worn it together like that and I'm worried I might burn up! lol

• I think you'll be ok. Maybe dress in a way where you can take off layers?

• Thanks so much for your replies! Most people think I'll be ok wearing those layers, I'll just go for it, I'm sure after a drink or two over dinner I won't even notice how warm I am :)

• No! It's a cute outfit, perfect for the cold weather that's going on right now. Make sure to accessorize! 😊

• Thanks so much! You don't think the black turtleneck under the cowl neck will be too warm? I kinda like it :)

• That might be a bit warm, it just depends on the weather you're experiencing.

• Supposed to be 25F at night... brrrr... just wondering if I'll be good once I'm indoors or not :)

• I love it! You'll be super warm inside for sure wearing 2 sweaters, but it looks cute. Go for it!!

• I think it's just fine. It's right in the middle of casual and business.

• No way that looks amazing

• Thanks! I really tried :) I appreciate it!

Do you think I'll get too warm inside for dinner and drinks? That's my only worry, I'll be super comfy on our walk though!!!

• Awesome!! I'm going to practice tonight on that look, thanks! My jacket will defiantely come off during dinner lol... it's the black turtleneck over the cowl neck sweater combo I'm worried might be too warm, and it would not be classy to change in front of him lol... what do you think? I'll be ok?

• You know I would skip the sweater and just keep the turtle neck I love black and you can't never go wrong with it I'll say keep the turtle neck skip the sweater