Is there a way to make one's self look older?

Well, I've been told that I look younger than my age but being mistaken for a 15 year old thrice in a day just made me want to redo my whole look. I'm not really into make up or styling my hair. When I leave the house, I throw on a shirt and jeans, brush my hair then leave. I feel like my age is being mistaken too frequently and I'd just like to know if anyone has tips to make yourself look older.

I'm 20 by the way. So going into places or seeing movies that mean for those who are 18 years old and older becomes tedious

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel your pain. I'm 21 and people always mistake me for a 12 year old. It's really irritating.
    Unfortunately for us, make-up is a "must" if we want to look older. I also recommend dressing more "professionally", as this would also make you appear older. As for hair, look up more sophisticated, mature hairstyles. I typically think shorter hair makes someone look older, although I can't cut my hair. Wearing glasses can make you appear older. Other than those things, I'm not sure of anything else aside from things harmful to your health.

What Guys Said 3

• Want to look old?
    Go work in a farm for 6 months , I guarantee you you'll be old FAST.
    I did it , it was backbreaking work , even tho my tan has faded , my hands are still callused from it.

• Well not old but older. I'd like to look my age at least. I worked at a rice plantation for a week. I can't imagine how difficult it is to work at a farm s

• Lol why would you want to look older? You should enjoy being called 15 years old before you turn 50 or something when the wrinkles set in. I'm just saying silly stuff aren't I? Hahaha!

• Well I'm 20 so it is kind of frustrating to be mistaken for someone who is 5 years younger than me

• Change the way you dress.

What Girls Said 6

• I'm the same way, 20 years old and I still have people asking if I'm in high school or when I graduate. I can't usually be bothered with hair or make up, unfortunately that and a more adult wardrobe are the only way I've found to look closer to my actual age.

• \wear things that a 15 year old girl wouldn't wear and avoid things that she would wear.
    eg. Wear high heels, make up, a nice long coat, some jewelery,
    Don't wear too cute clothes, too much pink, don't braid your hair, don't dress too athletic

• i don't wear pink and i don't braid my hair but thank you :) i'll try your suggestion :)

• Ok you get what I mean though. Younger girls tend to dress more cute or more sloppy, while dressing more sexy and glamorous definitely shows you are not a kid. People mistake me for a kid as well when I talk in the phone because of my voice, but I can't do anything about it.

• Makeup and fashion. Haha I've been mistakened to be older than I actually am. When I was 17, I got mistakened for being in my early 20's... :I

• Look up some makeup tutorials, it does more than you'd think

• Wear dark clothes, jewel tones, dressy shirts with bold patterns, heels, more expensive fabrics (not cotton), mature jewellery, red lipstick (not pink lipgloss), and learn how to contour so your cheeks look slightly sunken in.

• They key is dressing like an adult. I deal with teens all the time and you can tell an adult right away by the way they dress. What kind of shirt do you wear? Consider something like a sweater dress with a belt, jeans with tall boots, long coats (parkas with fur trim are nice). Something adult.