How much do looks matter?

I know I'm not the best looking man but I don't consider my self an ego just a bit aesthetically challenged and e concerns

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not going to be as nice as the others and I'm just going to give it to straight. Looks are extremely important. If you are ugly/unattractive chances that girls will look at you with interest are slim to none. Unless you set your standards very low and go for your same type of girls. Ugly girls, nerdy girls, fat girls. Sorry, it's the truth.

Unless you have female friends who are somewhat attractive and already like you for who you are and not what you look like. IN that case you can try pursuing one of them but you might ruin the friendship, it's always a risk.

Girls and guys are pretty much the same in this aspect. We don't go "Wow that guy sure is ugly but damn his personality is HOT, I want him now in my bed" It's not the first thing we see, it's not out there, it's something you get to discover after you meet them and get to know them. But what initially draws a person to another is their physical appearance.

If you aren't THAT ugly. Play up what you do have. Get a new hairstyle, some nice new trendy clothes, go to the gym and work out, build some muscle, pluck you eyebrows (not in a girlish way just shape them up), shave off the beard/mustache, get a facial (nice skin is always good), wax your chest hair, put on some nice cologne. Don't hold back and think it's totally hopeless. Try and do something so you're not as "aesthetically challenged".

What Girls Said 4

• Yes, of course, looks matter. But less for guys than for girls. If an "aesthetically challenged" guy wants to attract girls, he should do whatever he can, within reason, to make himself look better. The good news is that there are obvious and doable things most guys can undertake to improve their looks. Go to the gym and get in better shape. Improve your grooming and your hygiene and your wardrobe. But the even better news for guys is that a guy's looks are only a part of the story. If a guy just looks reasonably fit and clean, but has other attractive characteristics, he can do just fine on the dating scene. What other characteristics? Well, the obvious ones, such as self-confidence, good manners, and well-developed listening skills. Oh, and I've heard that some girls (ahem. ) find rich guys and/or powerful guys kind of attractive. So, don't give up! If you want to attract girls, it probably can be done -- you may just need to invest some time and energy first to get yourself in shape (physically, emotionally, and financially). Good luck!

• Well to tell you the truth looks are not everything you want somebody with a great personality and heart. But wait a minute you do have to have some attraction to the person you like cause if not there won't be any sparks that is what makes you them in the first place.

• Thanx I've already started working out more and try to make my self look and feel great

• Trust me, when it comes down to it PERSONALITY is what matters the most. It always comes shinning through, it's what makes the person more lovable. Not to say that beauty doesn't matter but it doesn't matter as much.

• Not much I like guy that can make me laugh and won't treat me wrong from past guys I liked all liked chubby and all but he didn't like me that way it depends on the girl but to me not that much some good looking guys just think too much or them self

What Guys Said 7

• Even if you are ugly, my friend, if you can develop the proper swagger and attitude, and provide reasonably decent conversation, you'll be able to date women far above what you would perceive to be your own social standing.

And even if you can't, there's always some girl uglier than you are.

• It does matter to a certain extent cause going by body language that is the first unspoken feature that is seen by the naked eye.

But leaving aside, the aesthetic sense; over time the above remains a mere notion in the minds cause from then on you start speaking. And going by the experience I have a good conversationalist can cross the path of person with good looks any time. ;-)

• Looks doesn't matter at all!...I've seen the most aesthetically challenged man with the hottest girls. People might argue that its probably because he has money but money isn't really the thing that attracts them its their confidence. For men, looks only makes things a little easier but what matters most is confidence and personality because I have never seen an unconfident and personality-less good looking man with a girl never mind a hot girl.

• To the person that disagreed with me...have you ever seen marilyn manson's wives?! Its not his money because there are those that are richer than him....its not his fame because there are others more famous....its definitely not his looks....its obvious that its his personality, confidence and charisma....things like money and good looks isn't necessary to have a personality or confidence....dont let media corrupt you to think in that way.

• Don't kid yourself, looks matter a lot - but more in a style way

Go for being rugged and unkept - get a 5 o'clock shadow going on and get something going on for your chin - do something with your hair, but NOT that Dorky spiky gelled look.

Stray as far away from baby faced as you can - and work on your guns and shoulders - do bicep curls, military presses, and bench presses.

• I agree with you. One can easily change one's look by adding in some elements of style. If the basic look isn't manly enough, then make it more manly. Not sure where 3 down ratings come in on this answer - you may have a little "fan club" forming.

• Hyp65 - are you sure your 23? You sound like your 13.

Women like Men - Girls like Boys - Men have facial hair, boys don't - The common joke here in SF is if a guy shaves his facial hair off, he's going after underage girls - what's sad is their's more truth to that joke then humor.

• Wow. You WERE serious. Now that's really sad. I have nothing else to say but to wish you good luck buddy. And that statement about me sounding like I'm 13 just proves how I can rely on you to show me how low of an IQ humans can get.

• Well, lets just say that you won't be bedding women like James Bond. Unless there is some way to do that. But I'm getting sidetracked. You won't die alone. I mean, in a meaningful relation ship, looks don't usually matter.

• More then ever in this day in age, if you don't look good, then you better have a lot of money. You don't have a lot of money then you better have a big wang

• Girls do care about looks.

But unlike us guys, it's not the only superficial thing that matters. Girls also look at your sense of style, how you carry yourself, and most importantly, how confident you appear to be. Oh and being funny can't hurt either.

I sometimes get jealous of girls because I'm a good-looking guy and I can't use my looks to pull girls the way girls can use theirs to pull guys. Confidence is the thing I need to work on.