Should guys have long hair or short hair?

I have long hair. The girls in my class likes that i'm so different from the other guys. But there is one thing i don't get. Why does teenage girls like boyband guys with long hair but perfer a guy with short hair as boyfriend? What do you girls find the most attractive

• Long hair
  • Short hair

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally I prefer short hair on guys. I don't even really like long-haired celebrities. But other women have different preferences.

BUT if you're going to have long hair, for the love of god please take care of it! I've seen a lot of teenage boys who try to be "rebellious" and have long hair but then they refuse to wash it! that is gross, man. Greasy hair is a huge turn off. So if you have long hair, shampoo and condition, please!

• Why do I need to use conditioner? What does it to? I use shampoo every day, but not conditioner.

• not everyone needs conditioner, but if you have dry hair then conditioner helps moisturize it. Conditioner keeps it from getting tangled, so that helps make it look smoother. If your hair has knots in it then using conditioner will make it look better.

What Girls Said 15

• Generally speaking,

I like people that have long hair only if it suits their face.
    If the long hair looks healthy and has a lot of body to it, that definitely is a "wow" factor for me.

• Every guy I dated had shoulder length hair. It just happened...
    Now I can't stand it when there's no hair for me to play with :(

• That's exactly one of the reasons why i don't understand that so many girls like short hair. I've heard that girls like to play with your hair (and some of the girls i know play with mine all the time), so i don't get why it should be short. I also think short is kinda boring.

• They should have whatever hair they want.

• I don't really have a preference. It's whatever looks good on the guy. I've liked guys that have shoulder length hair/a little longer. And I've also liked guys who have that classic, short hair look.

• It's not the type of hair length that really gets the girl alright. lol Whatever you feel more beautiful and confident with, that would be fine.

• I do believe that i look better with long hair. I have like a really wide jaw and it just looks better with long hair. And i don't feel like i can do that much with short hair but with long hair and the Harry Styles curles i have i can do almost everything. :D

• Right. Yeahh : )

• They should have whatever they want. I prefer it short though.

• Rapunzel hair all the way

• Just as long as it's healthy i think they should have whatever hair they want.

• Long hair is definitely sexy.. i wouldn't mind if a guy has long/short hair

• I love longer hair on guys. I would love it if my boyfriend let his grow, and I had an ex that had the most awesome long hair.

• Depends on what you mean by long hair: is it long enough to reach your shoulders or is it just slightly longer (like if you usually have short hair but its starting to grow out between haircuts)?

• It's like at the lower part of my neck.

• I personally prefer it a bit shorter! there's nothing wrong with yours though by the sounds of things :) just a personal preference

• I think I would prefer short on a guy, maybe with an androgynous/femme style :)

• Long hair forever and always. I guess it's just a matter of preference. I prefer long.

• If a guy wears his hair in a ponytail I'm so not into that. I like a guy with short hair personally, it looks more manly to me. But that's just my personal preference, everyone is different.

• Short hair, always.

What Guys Said 6

• LONG! LONG! LONG!

There's no such feeling like when you do a headbang!!! with short hair you can't... short hair are LAME, and i'm NEVER gonna cut them again!!!

LONG HAIR FTW!!!

• Short i usually better even though the man bun has started to be something more popular lately. But I don't think short hair will ever be out of style.

• Short. Unless you're a hippy

• I got longish hair but I slick it back. Women seem to like it.

• Very long hair (past shoulders) generally don't look good on guys, but I can't really judge. It also depends on your facial features, not every guy can pull of long hair - but if he can, it behooves him, I think.

• On the other hand, girls don't show much interest in me, so what I say is basically irrelevant.

• Crew cuts are my style. It is low maintenance.