How often do you cut your hair (girls)?

When does it begin to break and how long can you go without a cut?

And what do you do to it/ put in it?

Most Helpful Girl

• I only get my hair trimmed once it's started getting bad split ends. I can always tell when it's time to get the split ends under control because my hair ends get drier and I definitely notice a lot more breakage. I usually only have to get it trimmed a couple times a year.

I leave my hair in its natural curly state most of the time, I straighten it just a few times a year, usually in the fall/winter, because during the summer I swim a lot so straightening would be pointless. Using shea butter and a little gel I do bantu knot outs on my hair to make the curls very defined. A lot of times I want it up and out of the way though so I experiment with a lot of different updo hair styles.

What Guys Said 1

• Well since you say girls only.. I simply have to come in xD
    I cut my hair every 4-5 weeks

What Girls Said 7

• Twice a year maybe.

I haven't noticed. My hair could probably go years without a cut since it's pretty healthy. It grows about an inch a month.

Just shampoo everyday. And I curl it whenever I feel like it, although I haven't for months now. I usually just tie it into a half ponytail these days, if not down. I also dye my hair jet black every 3 months or so.

• Once every 6 months or so. I either cut it on my own or my mother helps me. I don't trust hairdressers.

• i haven't cut my hair since last spring :o it was like near my shoulders, now it's past mid-back. what do you mean by break? like split-ends? i rarely if ever use heat on my hair, so i stopped having that problem. i don't even use a hair dryer if i can help it. i use organic shampoo and conditioner. sometimes i'll put coconut oil in it, let it sit for a day, and then wash it out with shampoo at night.

• I cut my hair once a year pretty much but I should do it every six months.

It takes a while for the ends to get bad... probably 7 or 8 months.
    Its grows fast as fuck too. I cut 3" off a while back and it grew back in just a couple months.
    Hence why I ought to cut it more.

All I do to my hair is wash it (two to three times a week) and condition it daily. I rarely curl or straighten it.

• once ever 8 months to a year.

• I cut it to my waist once or twice a year depends. And it's usually at my hips when I cut it. Once it was down to the bottom of my butt. That's the longest it's ever been.

• Whenever I straighten it. That can be up to a year.