How does bra sizing work? What's my size?

Okay so I really would like to avoid getting fitted if necessary because it's one of those things that sounds just awkward and I heard a lot if people have gotten poorly fitted and I don't even know where I'd go in this Podunk town.

So me and my mom were taking measurements and apparently my underbust is 29-30" and my bust is 35". So I went online a couple places to get measurements and almost EVERYWHERE one said something different.

One said 34A, another said 32C and one lady insisted I was a 30DD 😵 C and DD sound too big and A sounds too small but apparently it's all relAtive to band? And some places add 4 inches to the band where others don't?

I've been wearing a 32B since forever but the band feels loose and the cups never quite fit right. I reaaaally want a properly sized bra so wtf do I do? To me my boobs look like classic B cups but apparently there's no such thing

Most Helpful Girl

• The rule of thumb is that for every inch difference between your under bust. and bust your add a cup. We're actually the same size. I wear a.32D but I fit in 32C's just as well. Welcome to my life. My boobs don't look like D's. our C's either lol do glad I'm not alone!

• Lol! this is more confusing than it should be but you're right! Apparently the letter is just the distance in inches from the band

What Guys Said 6

• Get your ass (boobs?) to a shop and TRY it out.
    It's like telling people how to shop for jeans online , the only way you'll know for sure... is going to a fitter and asking for help from a PROFESSIONAL who does it FOR A LIVINGGGGGgggg

• Also , totally not creepy a guy answering question about bras.

• Oh I'm willing to pay a lot all my clothes are nice and come from expensive stores. We just don't have any nice lingerie stores here

• Yeah but are you willing to pay for time and travel?
      Cos obviously with just money you can't get a fitted one can you cos there isn't a fitter nearby.

Time to do some travelling I suppose.

• Just go to a shop and try different sizes on, you and only you will know what size is right on you. A girl I know never got measured and just tried a whole pile on and whatever fitted and felt comfortable she got

• You should try a bra fitting at Nordstrom. Their fitters are very professional. Overall bras sizing different from brands to brands.

• go to a store and have them measure you... try it on and see what they say.. or u could send me a pic and I can give u an idea.

• i can't help u friend sorry

• From what I've seen a lot of girls are in bras with bands that are too big and cups that are too small. Sounds like you should at least try a 30C and see how that works.

• That's been my exact problem and I'm in 30C right now and so far it's the most comfortable buuuut.. the cups are a bit small still. The band is perfect tho. So I may try 30D

• Lol! My boobs are really very average tho. That sounds bigger than it is lmao

• Nah! I know that 30Ds are smaller than 30Ds. But the thin frame is always nice and highlights the Ds very well!

What Girls Said 7

• okay, it's true that every brand is different, what you should do, is decrease your band size, and if the cups feel too small, go to a c, if they feel too big, go to an a, just go to the store, and try a bunch of different sizes... when it fits right, you'll know

• you don't have to get fitted, but it really would help...

• It might be because it varies a little depending on the brand you are wearing as well.
    I wear either 30C or 32B so I think it would be always better to try them on and find comfortable one :D

• When VIctoria Secret refitted me a couple of months ago, i didn't believe it. But those bras ended up fitting perfectly.

• I suggest going to a store. The saleslady should help you with the fitting. I only found out my size when I went into a VS store and got fitted.

• I've heard I should NOT go to bs because that fitting will only really apply to vs bras and I don't want to be obligated to buy from them whenever I need a new kne cuz they're hella expensive and I'd rather spend that on other shit

• Well when you go choose to buy a bra from another store then get fitted for that store. It's not like you can't get fitted for each store you go to.

• Try on a bunch of bras. Go by what fits. Try a 30D. You'll have to get it online.

• Go to Victoria secret. They will help you and you will feel fine with them. Its their specialty.

• Ok hun, so I wear a 42DD, U SAID UVE BEEN WEARING A 32b for ever but the band feels too loose, and the cups don't fit, are the cups too big or too small, if too small u may be a BB with a smaller band size, maybe a 30 or 28 if too large try AA or AAA