What's with the trend of all dudes growing beards now?

People act like a herd always following trends, now its dudes growing beards.. Smh no originality in the world now, how can their be when everyone does the same thing. At least the hipsters trend is cooling down... Neo Hipsters are next up.

please It's a trend just like yoga pants and the obsession with a Kim Kardashian ass m.startribune.com/lifestyle/style/231788291.html
onpoint.wbur.org/.../beards-scruff-lumbersexual-fashion

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys have been growing beards since the mankind started... so is it really a trend or nature taking its course.

Trend or not I'm not shaving my facial hair.

• please It's a trend just like yoga pants and the obsession with a Kim Kardashian ass m. startribune. com/lifestyle/style/231788291. html
      onpoint. wbur. org/.../beards-scruff-lumbersexual-fashion

• Thanks for mH! That was unexpected :D

• It was a fun debate, that's always MH worthy alone.

What Girls Said 11

• Because everything old is coming back. It's like a cycle, everything just goes round and round and round in circles.

I would find it irritating to kiss my guy if he had one. Like a bristle brush rubbing underneath my nose *cringes*

• I've noticed that whole dapper trend as well.. I just figure they want to feel mainly and celebrate their masculinity

• It's not like beards are a recent trend, man. It's just way less taboo to sport facial hair these days, right? Who cares though, it looks fantastic.

• But it looks so good!

• I am not into beards. So I just ignore it.

• I don't know, I still hate beards though.

• 5 oclock is nicer than beard
    and not all are suitable for the unshaven look

i guess some guys think it would make them look more attractive and manly to girls

• Beards are sexaaay

• I don't know but I'm not happy about it.

• Better than a mariachi mustache... js

• It's escalated from the moustache trend. It's dirty hipsters who I blame. So desperate to be cool and obscure but they are so lame and generic. Ruined it though, I always liked a hairy man and now everyone is growing atrocious facial hair in a bid to be cool. LAAAAME!

Also, I think Gerard Butler in 300 has a lot to answer for. Dude looks fine.

• Who cares? Well groomed hair + facial hair combinations are godly.

What Guys Said 6

• i agree... that's a stupid trend in my opinion. i believe most young guys do it so they could pass as... mature. bullshit.

clean shaven is always better

• Girls said that they like certain thing, boys who chasing women will try it

• My beard is entirely practical.
    A. It keeps my face warm in the winter
    2. It keeps mosquitoes off my face in the summer
    BONUS. It hides my ugly mug.

• I agree with you. I never let a bear grow. Im always shaved and keep my face clean.

• I don't keep a beard. Only trim closely my moustaches

• Eh, I never follow anyones trend, it's stupid. I'd rather do what I like. :\
    Beards don't fit me, so if I ever grow one, I shave it off. :)