<_< Why do we wear underwear? What purpose does it serve?

Femalians and maleians. Is underwear even necessary? I don't think I could ever bring myself to not wear it, since it's just what I've always done, but it just hit me: if something goes wrong, both my boxers and my outer clothing will be effected; so, what's the point? >_>

• No.
  • Yes.
  • Results.

Most Helpful Guy

• To stop our penis flying in the air and moving around when we change directions.

Ever tried walking around in shorts with no underwear underneath?
    Whenever you walk , your penis have a... SLIGHT delay so basically it becomes a cock show.

You don't want that.
    or do you... hmmm...

What Girls Said 10

• to tame our wild bits :P

• I don't like the feeling of going commando. Plus underwear protects my pants from stains.

• I don't like the feel of trouser-materials brushing against my unmentionables. Also, wearing a skirt and no underwear would be horrible. You'd be on edge like all day, unless you were some kind of exhibitionist.

• Ehh. Makes sense. I still think they're not entirely necessary for all clothing. I didn't think about skirts, though. But, I wouldn't exactly be heartbroken if ladies began to stop wearing underwear with skirts. >_>

• Tbh I go commando a lot Lmaaao. If you're a clean person you can get away with it hah.

• Comfort for me.
    For me no underwear = no comfort down there.
    But bedsides that, why it originally started? I have wondered the same thing.

• THATS WHAT I'M SAYIN'. WHY?

• When you wear jeans, underwear kinda protect it a bit. And no underwear is just weird, I don't know, I couldnt do that...

• Exactly what I think sometimes..! 😐

I hardly wear underwear, nobody notices.

• but the case is different for males...

• @Asker - but still as important for some women. They secrete a bit throughout the day as a normal process, some so much that at the end of the day a significant amount has accumulated. So underwear keeps it from getting 'all over' . Most gals don't have that much and can get away without, as is apparently the case with this young lady, And if o one notices, why not go without?

• There's this thing called discharge.

• To protect your private part from unwanted things.

What Guys Said 13

• To keep the suspense when we put-off ones clothes?

• Have you gone commando before? I have. I gotta say, I'm not really a fan of my jeans rubbing against my cock and balls. Don't like it indeed! Now if I could wear basketball short year round then I wouldn wear underwear. But since I can't... boxer briefs I wear

• I never have. But, I wasn't really thinking about jeans.

• The way I figure it, there's a lot of material that can get tangled and twisted into... other material. Bottom line is: between the chafing and things getting caught, underwear acts as a barrier protecting us from getting slightly tangled with the outer garment.

The thought of getting an unexpected brazillian when I pull off my levi's doesn't seem worth experiencing first hand.

• to feel more comfortable basically

• i think its a necessary part of my life and i simply can't go out without this... i can't even think of wearing a zipper pant without it because once i hurt my penis during childhood and never want to experience that again... plus in summers sweat marks in that area look really bad... and also if u use water in toilet it dont let spots to come on outer cloths... it helps to hide an unwanted erection in public too...

• It's not necessary. Outside of comfort values and social rules it serves no purpose (other than the bra perhaps or jock strap for support in some cases like sports) per se.

• There was a recent study done on bras that showed that it's possible that bras actually cause breast sagging over time. So, bras *really* aren't necessary, unless the lady has huge bazongas. In which case, bras with larger straps are better, and bras that don't push up, because that's what weakens the breast tissue that naturally lifts them.

As for the jock strap, yeah, ball protection is pretty important in contact sports.

• I keep snacks like beef jerky and skittles in mine.

• It's not necessary but it is civilized.

• So is destroying and rebuilding countries--for profit and natural resources--with a lot of impoverished brown people.

• You're one supercilious dude.

• Solemn and humble yes, supercilious no, I just believe that if you have the means. Then you should be clean and properly dressed.

• There is this saying for men "No matter how much you shake, last drop goes to panties". It explains why.

• To avoid being humiliated by people. If you're not wearing any underwear, and your pants or other clothes suddenly fall of or rip or get wet, your private parts would be seen clearly to the eyes of which should not have seen it.

• To prevent snakes, ants, cockroaches, caterpillars and centipedes from getting in meh ;3

• my underwear keep my dick from getting caught in my zipper

• Because you don't shower every time you shit, toilet paper leaves behind trace amounts of fecal matter on your ass. With underwear you can change it every day and still have relatively clean pants.
    This is why bidets are awsome. Throwing some paper at our ass doesn't properly clean.
    Imagine you get Bob's shit on your hands. Is a paper towel going to suffice and clean you up to continue enjoying your bag of chips, or are you going to WASH THE SHIT OFF YOU and curse Bob for his shit?
    Besides when you have the whisky shits burning ring of fire, a bidet is the greatest friend you will ever have. Way better than your friend Bob and a garden hose.

• Or, you could just wet the toilet paper you use and make sure your ass is actually clean before putting your pants back on. I totally agree on bidets. The U. S. really should follow Japan's lead.

• You don't change your pants daily?

• Jeans don't need to be changed daily. They were originally designed to last up to blue collar jobs, but somehow went into fashion. They shouldn't be washed daily, either, because it ruins them. For denim, anyway. I don't know about other kinds of jeans.