So I've recently started lightening my skin using an Indian cream called Fair and Lovely. I'm mainly using it to lighten my face and neck area a bit, as well as the skin on my lower arms/elbow areas, which are hyperpigmented from sun damage. I come from western India so my skin is mostly medium-light. I wanted to know, does anyone on here use lightening creams? (boy or girl) Why or why not? Which product do you use? And any kind of opinion you would like to share about it :)

Most Helpful Girl

• It won't work. You can't lightened your skin color

What Guys Said 2

• Your skin has natural pigmentation. Lightening is essentially bleaching your skin. Skin actively grows so you are not really lightening your skin and will need to keep applying it forever.

My advice is to be happy with who you are and stop lightening.

Color is beautiful. Accept your beauty.

• I'm proud of my light brown skin wouldn't use non of that stuff

What Girls Said 3

• Why do people want to alter their skin tone? I never got the notion of it...

• Lots of reasons, for hyperpigmentation, sun-damage, also many people just prefer their skin to be lighter because they think it is better looking

• I used a fade cream by ambi to help with hyperpigmentation. It's not as bad now so I haven't bought it but it's still really good

• I don't use it, because i like the natural me. I only started to use body sunblock more regularly now.
    it is your choice:)