Should I wear a short dress or long dress?

Alright so I got picked to play last minute in a piano recital that's featuring a Dr. From Eastman, plus the piano prof that teaches from Eastman will be in the audience, so I want to make sure I'm making the right choice here.

Two other girls in my class got chosen to play two, and one of them always wear a really fancy beautiful long dresses every time she plays, but the other said she'll be wear a nice, short dress. Obviously the dress code for this isn't really set.

So what kind of dress do you think will be appropriate? The audience won't be very large. But since the two other girls are wearing things on opposite ends of the spectrum, I have no idea. :(

I was thinking maybe a conservative floor length black dress would maybe be a happy medium? don't know. What length? What style? Help. :(

• long dress- go big or go home! don't wanna be under dressed.
  • short dress- play it safe, you don't want to be overdressed.

Most Helpful Girl

• As a classical violinist, I say it us always appropriate to be covered up.

What Guys Said 10

• For a piano recital I would suggest a long dress... they need to listen to the music not watch your legs :-)

• Long dress because it looks more elegant and sophisticated. That even sounds like where people would wear something with elegance.

• how about pants?

• I think long dresses are more appropriate for that circumstance.

• i like to see girls in very short dresses but in this instance i think a gown to the floor would be appropriate and classy

• Long dress definitely!

• How about a medium sized dress? Play it extra safe!

• Performances, you typically want to go long. You're not dancing, at a club...

• Neither, you should wear pants ;)

• Wear what you want.

Nobody here will give a damn.

What Girls Said 5