How do girls get their eyelash to look so big and pretty?

http://gallery.sephora.com/photo/smoke-24517 LIKE this girl! I am just curious and also what eyeliner would you recommend for beginners. thanks.

Most Helpful Girl

• The eyelashes in the picture are fake eyelashes. As for how to get them to look like that, it would just take some experimentation and practice with different kinds to see and get the look that you want.

As far as eyeliner goes, it depends on what type of look that you want. Do you want winged eyeliner? Eyeliner all around the eye? Just on the top? A simple look or a more dramatic one? If you want winged eyeliner like the one in the pic, my holy grail liquid eyeliner is Wet N Wild Megaliner Liquid Eyeliner. It's $3 at drugstores and works perfectly. Winged eyeliner is kinda tricky at first and takes a lot of practice (it took me months to perfect). There's also gel liner and pencil liner. Of the ones I've tried, Cover Girl is pretty good for pencil, but if you want to spend more money, MAC and Urban Decay work well too.

Honestly makeup is all about experimentation and research. I suggest watching YouTube videos and tutorials and once you see a product that interests you, do some more research on it and then go try it. If you're willing to spend the money, stores like Sephora or Nordstrom will let you return used cosmetics if you don't like them. Drugstores usually won't. Higher end stores also usually have beauty experts to suggest products to you.

Good luck! Also, all of this really depends on what type of look you're going for. :)

• All around the eye but thanks!!

• what if I wanted a punkish rock look? could I build?

• There's definitely different intensities of eyeliner. Like I said, it really just depends on what look you want. If you want a smoky look, black eyeshadow and pencil will be your friend. If you want an edgier, cleaner look, liquid and gel on top with pencil on the bottom will work well. You can definitely build upon the intensity with different layers and thickness.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 8

• It depends on what you're working with. Some people have naturally sparse eyelashes, in which case you'd need fake eyelashes to get them very big and bold. Others already have moderately full eyelashes, in which case you'd just need the right mascara wand to get them to pop.

The wand is typically what gives you the results, so you could just buy one of those big, expensive, curved wands once, and once all of the mascara is gone from its container, simply use the same wand with cheaper mascara.

I personally prefer pencil eyeliner, it's easier to apply. However pencil eyeliner and liquid eyeliner do give two different looks (liquid tends to look more bold/dramatic) so you could try both to see which look you prefer. Liquid does need a bit of time to dry after application which is annoying but once dried it tends to stay on better than pencil.

• Artificial eyelashes... obviously!
    Nothing can make such eyelashes.
    Either you have them naturally, or they're artificial, but those look extremely artificial.

• I would say fake lashes and photoshop, according to that picture.

• Their fake lashes. Even if you don't out on liquid eyeliner, of dark eyeshadow it'll definitely still look long and thick

• Fake lashes.

But if you dont wanna wear fake lashes, use a curling thing for lashes. And then put on mascara. Looks so much better when theyre curled.

• Latisse!!! It really works. I tried fiber mascara and hated it :/

• You have to try Younique Fiber Lash Mascara!!! Its a must have if you want the perfect eye lashes. Seriously its the best of the best. I've tried maybelline, mac, Chanel and anything else you can think of but no comparison to younique.

• Elizabeth Mott Oh So Big Mascara is sooo awesome!