Do you still go shopping with your mum/dad?

I'm 21 and I still do. A number of my friends do too. Is this normal? (All of us live at home because we do not have to move out to attend university in Australia)

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah it's normal. Nothing wrong with that.
    Me? I'm 21 *points to the obvious age above* I don't go shopping with my parents though. They are the worst shoppers in Australia (ok I maybe exaggerating) but they suck at shopping. Mums always distracted with clothing stores. Dads distracted with home theatre entertainments and stuff like that.. Just OMG 😐🔫

I do the shopping. For both my parents. If they want something on the luxurious side for themselves they can go by it themselves. I buy household needs, groceries etc.

What Guys Said 11

• In general when people are younger like in their teenage years they tend not to want to go out with their parents but when they are in their 20's especially by their mid 20's people have kind of got over that and by 30 at the very latest people are introducing their parents to people.

• The answer to your question is yes I go shopping with my parents.

• Yes I do. I see nothing weird about it. I enjoy doing it. I get to browse something new for myself, we can communicate on thoughts and suggestions, I can help them get all the bags from one place to another, and we just spend some extra time together.

• Yes they help me a lot. They give me a lot of good suggestions and some tips which I didn't know.

• Hahahaha, she just gets me to do it anyway, I'll be out and get a phone call and next thing you know I'm on my way home with bags and bags of groceries. I've done it so much so that I can guess what she's going to ask for ahha

• I'm in my 30s. I live 2500 miles from my parents. And I shop almost exclusively online. So no.

• Hell no!!.()*&

• Why?

• first of all my parents and I live in different countries and also I've got 40 years age gap with them so we have different opinions and end up fighting

• That makes sense.

• I assisted my folks with their shopping.

• Not really, we're off doing our on things most of the time.

• I forgot my last shopping with my patent. lol

• Once you get past the rebellious pubertal phase of "Ugh, it's so embarrassing to be seen with parents.", going shopping with parents is completely normal.

• I driven my mom to the grocery store a handful of times. It's not a regular thing, but I don't mind giving her a lift if she needs one.

What Girls Said 8

• yeah we go to shopping centres a lot together and iv even had my parents help me pick out things that they'd like on me.
    however, if I'm trying on a lot of things id rather go alone so i dont frustrate them and i can take my precious time:P

• Yes it's normal, I love shopping with my parents

• i guess sometimes? if we both need something from the same store... i prefer to go shopping with my sister or my best friend.

• My parents have never been the shopping type.
    So, my answer to that question is No.

• Not really... If I do, they find things for themselves and I buy things for myself - they don't really buy me anything...

• I don't anymore but it's not weird. I see people close to 30 shoppingwith their parents. I live 2 hrs away from my parents and my dad absolutely hates shopping. I used to go shopping with my mom sometimes.

• Yes. Sometimes my mother decides to go out with me and when she does we usually go shopping.

• Every once in a while, mainly to the grocery store.