Help Choose Best Picture for my Photography Class Portfolio (Self-portrait)?

Hey peeps! I'm sort of going for #2-- since it tells a story, but it's best to ask for the opinions of others!

Which one would get me that A? Thank you :D

http://i.imgur.com/AyI648m.jpg

• Choice 1
  • Choice 2
  • Choice 3
  • Choice 4

Most Helpful Guy

• I don’t know... Looking at the camera type self portraits just don't really do it for me.
    How about one that looks like it was captured the moment you are lost in thought or doing something , those feel more natural and artistic i think.

But out of the 4 , i say 2.

• Yeah! I do agree with you! Under a non-conditioned environment and setting would probably aid with the composition of a photograph. Thanks!

What Guys Said 11

• the 2nd, 3rd and 4th maybe would have been great if only the cropping is correct plus on the 4th the hair was distracting in your face... the 1st photo loved it... it's a bit of alone, mysterious and captivating... the cropping can be acceptable... the composition wise great...

• additional info about the technicality... the light should always be focused on the subject... the light in the tunnel on the 1st photo is great giving you a hair light that separates you from the background and the photo doesn't look flat... it's a glamour shot so that means most often than not you need a really good light source balance light for the background and soft and bright light for the subject... :)

• I really appreciate the intake! I really learned a lot-- I agree on #1 due to the lighting aspect! I used a led light panel stand and put it behind my hair in that shot. Unfortunately, the battery died for the light after that shot. But I really look forward to keep the tips you suggest in mind. It's so helpful!

• no problem dear... I'm into photography though just a hobbyist and not earning from it (which I haven't taken into consideration as of now...) too so I know some points to share... if you need some help don't hesitate to Pm me I'll gladly help as long as I can do it... cheers... :)

• Every time I click on the pic trying to blow it up it takes me to pic 1

• Go with 1.

2 is a good picture but it doesn't leave you much to work with other than the tunnel.
    You should be the focus of the picture, not the background.

• 1st or 2nd

• Im a professional, and it's immediate that 1 and 2 are the best options. I'm torn. 1 has better lighting and composition (even though you're centered, the lines lead you into it, and it has a modeling/fashion look.

But I like the color of 2 and it portrays story, however I dont like it's composition with you in the middle, seems off.

At first glance, I like 1 the most.

• first looks better

• This one here is so pretty :-)))

http://i.imgur.com/AyI648m.jpg

• First or Second.

• The picture clarity is by far the best in 3 & 4 , & I like 1 the best , but for A grade I would go with 3 !!

• You cutie :)

• I agree with you, #2.

What Girls Said 8

• Number 1 and then 2.
    3 and 4 are unprofessional and it looks like the girl is photographed for a dating website, not for an art exhibition...

• I like number 1 and 2.

You should of taken a picture with the background/colour/tones of number 1 of you walking (back facing the camera) away. Pretty much like this..
    cdn.tutsplus.com/.../3.jpg

1 or 2. Either one.

• Only first one , there is a composition. The rest seems not finished.

• Choice 2, definitely! ^-^

• i like the first one. it tells me more of a story than the others.

• 1 or 2.
    vfhh

• I chose 1 though by the way.
      But I really like 2 also.

• Either 1 or 2, I prefer 1 though

• Personally I think that 1 or 2 are the best options as both are more intriguing to look at. Now breaking it down, while I like #2 because your pose is interesting to me (in a good way) I feel like the photo mostly draws your eyes to the corner of the photo and into the black background. On top of that the green lighting almost causes your black and red dress to blend in. #1 really stands out. being in the center of the tunnel allows the leading lines to draw the eye directly to you. Also with the yellow light against your dress, the object of the photo (aka you) really stands out from the surrounding.