Do you girls like not very good looking guys but w/ amazing personalities or vice versa?

Well I know this guy that tells me amazing things and he's only my friend but he's not that good looking but the way he treats me is just amazing but I know that if I let something happen between us he would be an excellent boyfriend and I don't care about his looks. But I'm not sure if I really want to have a boyfriend right now.

Most Helpful Guy

• The first thing you must decide is if you want a boyfriend. If yes, then go for this amazing man. If not, sit tight until you want to. Nothing is more damaging to a woman than being in a relationship you did not want to be in regardless of how good or bad that man is.

In all my years(38 of them), I seriously believe that women are attracted more to handsome men than average men with personality. I man must be handsome first to gain that first impression and attraction to even have a chance. If he does gain such interest, that is when personality counts. There are millions of men like myself who have excellent personality but cannot gain a woman's interest due to the simple fact that MOST women do not find average men attractive enough. Paying for it does not count.

Disagree? Look at my own reality rating. 5's at best. Need any more proof?

This is a harsh world we live in. We sink or we swim

• I disagree with you. We might not be instantly "attracted" to him if he's not handsome but after we start talking to him and he seems cool and even funny then in the back of my mind I'm thinking "ok, maybe I should re-evaluate this guy. " Not every girl is so shallow to only like handsome men. Then it would be fair to say that you only talk to beautiful women and never give the average girl a chance?

• I have always dated average women. I never had the option to "select" the best looking of the the bunch. So I cannot say that I have rejected average women in favor of the hotties. IN many cases, I prefer average women because they are more down-to-earth and can be approachable in a friendly manner. Once again, buying a date don't count.

What Guys Said 2

• Well you are in school, but that doesn't mean having a boyfriend would get in the way of your studies or routines. Maybe if you are thinking of dating him, just talk to him about it and try to figure out ways to naturally go about the process. If you really like him it would be a shame to let the opportunity pass you by. If he ended up dating another girl, that could upset you even more.

You don't even really have to date each other right now, maybe just do something to let him know you care about him too, and if you find a way to work it in that you may be interested in something down the road. I'm sure you could both be responsible about treating each other right until then.

• As a guy, I can tell you that I've seen plenty of not-so-good-looking guys getting attractive women. So, it does happen. Granted, the guy usually has a pretty nice amount of money, though.

What Girls Said 3

• Don't mention anything until you know what you want as far as relationships go. If you decide you do want a boyfriend then go for it! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and an amazing personality can shine through any kind of appearance. A genuine heart is harder to come by than a cute face. And looks fade with time anyways, personalities don't. It sounds like he'll make you feel like the happiest and luckiest girl alive, so when you're ready, I highly suggest going for it and telling him how you feel. Good luck!

• For me, personality is #1. I have been attracted to some not so good looking guys because their personality was awesome and I have been disgusted by some handsome men because their personality sucked. I think that at the end of the day, if the guy treats you well and makes you laugh then don't pass up a great guy. Now if you're not ready to be in a relationship then I would advise not to date ANYONE right now because you don't want to hurt a good guy but other than that, no prob. With the looks. :)

• Well looks shouldn't matter as long as he cares and has great personality