Women are oxymorans?

Why do y'all wear make up? Guys don't notice or care about it. Go on and say we do it to look pretty or to compete... Your wrong! Why cover something that's already beautiful? You may take that as a compliment. I just don't see the logic never have even at my age y'all still complicated. I'm sure some of y'all will say i don't wear it well good how it should be.

Most Helpful Girl

• Make - 'form (something) by putting parts together or combining substances; create.'
    Up - 'towards a higher level of intensity, volume or activity.'

That is the definition of makeup broken down. I believe that to be a very accurate representation.
    Of course, I'm just one female.
    However, I know it's the same case for several others.

There's an ancient belief that the sole purpose a woman wears makeup is to please a man. This is simply not the case.

I've seen so many statements thrown about how 'we wear makeup for ourselves because it makes us feel good' which is true.. But I've never seen anyone explain WHY it makes us feel good.

When you have a full face of makeup on, it's like you're wearing a superhero mask. It creates this esteem filled confident mindset. With makeup I'm the best version of myself. The world will get more out of a 'made up' woman because she'll deliver everything she does with 10x more confidence and self belief.
    A woman wearing makeup is unstoppable.

Even the smallest of things such as opening the door to a stranger, or simply just walking down the street, are performed better when wearing makeup.

So the next time you see a lady putting her face on, just know she's creating something beautiful for herself.
    Being visually enjoyed by others just happens to be a bonus. ;-)

What Girls Said 7

• Bullshit. Guys absolutely notice the difference. All the girls guys think are hot they think are hot with makeup on. If you saw 75% the women you jerk it to without makeup you'd find them much less attractive.

• Makeup ideally is not meant to cover anything up. It's used to enhance what we already have. But if we have a zit or something, of course we're going to cover that up haha.

But let's face it, girls. Painting on our faces is just fricking fun.

• There are a lot of men who do prefer a girl with tons of make up. I agree with you though, I think everyone is more beautiful without it plastered on. A tiny amount well applied can help enhance natural beauty, define your eyes or lips or bring out the colour in your eyes.

• Your speaking for all guys with what proof of such a claim. It sounds like your opinion not all. What makes you think they wear it for men or that they care if some don't like it. Girls wear it for added confidence and like to be creative. Your question will not change a thing.

• Im probably the only girl at my school who doesn't wear makeup, and probably the only one alone. Lets face it make up makes you pretty... or it could be im just too ugly

• Not all, I dont wear makeup😑

• the trouble is... guys say they dont like make up but they dont realise lots of girls are already wearing natural looking make up and when she walks past again the next day without it you dismiss her as some below average nobody because you're all so used to seeing girls with make up on.

What Guys Said 1