What do you think of hijab, and women in general practicing it?

This video popped up on YouTube. I found it very interesting. I've always held high respect for Islam, and this video made me contemplate on hijab. I've always had a good idea about hijab, how women who wear it don't have to worry about suiting others' eyes that much, or how their butt's shaped, or cleavage, and how there's freedom in that. What I didn't realize is that hijab is more than dress, it's the incentive behind it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTI0HOQceqM

It'd be nice to get up and not have to worry too much about my hair, or ALWAYS make sure my legs aren't stubbly. I suppose it's silly to ask if Christian women can practice hijab, because Catholic nuns certainly do, come to think of it.

Hey @ArabianPwincess197, what do you think? Do you know any Christian women in the Middle East, or anywhere else, that practice it? Would you support a Christian practicing hijab?

Most Helpful Guy

• So long as it was her choice to wear it, and she doesn't face negative consequences for not wearing it, I've got absolutely no problem with it. I respect the reasoning I've seen some women offer for wearing them, and honestly I think they can look nice.

What I have an issue with is people who judge others for wearing or not wearing them. I recall that a Paris theatre refused to perform because a woman in the audience was wearing one. I also recall the recent spate of acid attacks in Iran targetting women whose hijabs weren't "up to code."

What Guys Said 4

• It's whatever. My American Government teacher in high school was Muslim and wore one every day in school. She seemed to like it.

• I'm not opposed to it.

• I have nothing against it :)

• personally, it gives women an excuse to grow facial hair, i don't find it attractive at all. it's a great tradition if your intention is to appear conservative and modest but definitely not a fashion statement.

What Girls Said 3

• I love the fact you understood that hijab is more than just a scarf wrapped around your head :). Hijab basically means covering yourself, ensuring your modesty is covered etc

And yes totally go for it - you'd look so cute Mash'Allah :)

I don't know any Non Muslims who have worn it. But I do know some Non Muslims tried the hijab for a day and loved it. There are videos of it - I'll tell you the name.

And I only started wearing it myself permanently I mean from September onwards.. And it makes me feel so good and happy. You can get so many cute girly scarves too! :D

• I wear one. I don't think I've ever seen a Christian woman wearing one. I only know other Muslim girls that wear it.

• hi. thanks for your lovely word. by the way islam @ muslim not just covering hair and body. its more than that. and in my country also have christian wearing the hijab but not full cover. its okay for me. and im support it