I was shopping with a friend and she suggested I buy a particular skirt. It was very short to me only about 2 inches below my butt. I told her I was too old to wear something that short she said as long as you have great legs why does it matter. Do you think there is a certain age women should not wear such skimpy clothes or as long as she has a good body it doesn't matter what her age is?

Most Helpful Girl

• if you're comfortable wearing it and its your choice style, I don't see a problem with it, but personally I think short skirts are only for summer time, for a bbq, the beach, around the house, with close friends and family around, I don't think that short of a skirt is appropriate to wear outside...

having the body doesn't have to do with it much, its all about how you wear it, and when you wear it like I mentioned above...

if I did wanna wear it outside id wear it with leggings, theyre in style now and with a skirt or booty shorts, you're still covered up and still fashionably sexy at the same time =]

What Guys Said 7

• It is mostly about if you feel comfortable wearing it, but some people shouldn't wear certain things. I've seen a lot of REALLY HOT women, mothers, sometimes, with their kids, that look REALLY HOT, in jeans, or leggings, or whatever! I've also seen some 300 pound PLUS women in spandex!! That shouldn't be LEGAL!
    I'm old enough that Mothers with their daughters are kind of hot, if they are wanting guys to look, and maybe showing a bit!
    I would NEVER do anything with a married woman, but I LOVE flirting and getting to know the divorced ones, even if they have kids!
    Women are so much more AMAZING, sexually, when they are older, and give up that 'Princess' idea, or the stupid, 'I'm fat' issues!!
    Divorced moms are really hot, because they are like 'This is who I am, and I don't give a sht if you don't like it!'
    Sweat pants, jeans with elastic, and even 'Granny panties' are really hot, with the right one, and the right attitude!

• 2inchs seems a little short for any age. It would be good at the beach with of a bathing suit under it or maybe at a club but it's to skimpy for my taste in an average social setting.

MY opinion, not yours.

Cheers.

• If you're at a beach or other place where a woman should feel free to display all of her body, then, in that setting, feel free to show whatever you like! But for like going out at night on the town or just out in public, two inches below your butt might seem somewhat trampish. Lulubear - in your case, it would be hard to make you look like a tramp. Your face and your body would just look too classy for your clothes, that's all!

• You are so sweet I did not buy the skirt I did not want to look trampish.=)

• age is nothing but a number. if it looks good on you then go for it. nice legs and a short skirt are always a good combination at any age.

• omg sweetie, i gotta agree with your friend. if you have very beautiful attractive legs, then you should go for that very short skirt. i bet if you did wear that type of skirt, you would get compliments from every guy you come across, or at least getting compliments from most of the guys you know and encounter. u should be confident on showing off your legs. i bet you do have very beautiful legs huh?

• If they got the body I don't see an issue with it.

• not really because it depends on the girls body

because a thirty year old woman can look 25 because she has a gorgeous body

thus allowing her to wear a skirt

i think it depends on the body not the age

What Girls Said 4

• If you have a nice body, there are ways to show it off while also dressing appropriately for your age. It doesn't matter if you have nice legs or not, people will know when you are too old to wear something and they will be like "gosh she is too old to be wearing that," I hear it all the time.

Some trends were made for age groups. You don't want to see a 40 year old in a Hollister shirt, skinny jeans, and ugg boots do you? no matter how little or skinny she is, even if she has the figure for a 16 year old, she won't have the face of a 16 year old.

And on the other hand you don't want to see a 16 year old wearing business suits to everyday either.

I strongly believe you should dress for your age. Act like you own what age you are, and not like you are trying to deny it and go back to your teens.

So in my opinion, yes that skirt would be too short.

• I don't really think it is about age (too old?) more that you feel comfortable. If "you" get the skirt "you" will be the one wearing the skirt. I am 37 and I don't worry about what others think but I do worry about comfort. Where will you be wearing this item is a factor and what are you asking for by showing off so much skin (looking for attn..beware cause you will get it...can you handle it)? Sometimes, women don't expect to get the reaction from men that they may get and it may make them feel akward OR. it can make them feel sexy. So again, if you feel comfortable wearing it... Rock it! If not then don't embarrass yourself.Keep in mind that you wanna look sexy not slutty so if you do wear it, wear it with class! Hope this helps! Much love & best wishes!

• Age does matter, if you were older than 30, I would suggest not buy it.

BUT if you are in your teens or twenties, why not? As long as it's worn appropriately (cover up on top, or wear with bikini) in the right weather, I say show off those legs!

• Age matters here. Too short is not good, if you have great legs in your late 40s would you go for micro? Weird.