Do looks matter?

I mean like, I'm attracted to guys that are punk, how they dress, their piercings, etc. Though, I'm not. I like dark colors, but I don't dress punk. Actually, compared to punk fashion, I'm kinda boring. Do you think punk guys would be attracted to me, or should I try to get other guys? (I wear jeans, converse, sweaters, layers, my hair is dyed red, but it's just layered)

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't think of them as "punk guys", but as "guys. " All guys are similar: they like women. I bet any punk guy would be interested in you if he knew you had the hots for him, as this would very much stroke his ego.

Are you interested in the punk scene/music? Because if you are looking to date, you probably need similar interests and things to bond over.

I have a feeling the world isn't cruel: the world doesn't make you want punk guys and then say "no, you can't have a punk guy. " I think there is a punk guy out there for you.

What Guys Said 2

• It depends on the type of guy you're interested in. The jocks/cocky guys will only want looks (and sex). The more realistic guys will want looks but they will start taking your personality into account. Nerdy guys will like you if you have a great personality, and looks are a bonus but not really necessary (although they don't hurt).

Basically, girls obsess over their looks and it's not necessary. The guy for you will see you as beautiful no matter what you're wearing, how much or how little make-up you're wearing, or what color your nails are. He will see you for who you are, not just what's on the outside.

• Well it depends on the person. I like girls that aren't dressed like me or even act like me.

I'd just try to go for what you like. You'll never know unless you try.

But you like what you like. O_O

What Girls Said 5

• You like what you like, don't change that and don't change you. Have you seen Travis Barker and his wife? Gene Simmons and his girlfriend? Complete opposites that look great together! I suggest going to Warped Tour. Lots and lots and lots(I can't stress the lots enough lol) of eye candy if you like punk guys! Lol

• Yes I had a punk guy still want to hang out with me even though I don't dress punk at all. When it was just me and him he was actually quite shy and nerdy. He says all his friends are nerds too. I just wear jeans and sweaters and pullovers.

• If they find you to be attractive, then it doesn't really matter. I don't think guys care nearly as much about what the clothes girls wear, as long as they're dressed fairly decently. But girls tend to care a lot, so its confusing.

But don't change your style dramatically if you don't want to, cause that might actually repel guys because they'll think you're trying too hard. Just dress your best, and you shouldn't have problems.

• it should be your personality these guys see, not what you look like. I would try to get to them if I were you, start out as good friends and then they'll see what your really like which I'm sure isent boring! :)

• No. Just be yoursef.