Piercings - why do people get them?

Is it because you want them yourself, or because your SO thinks they would look good?

Have you ever got one because somebody else suggested it, or have you ever suggested somebody else got one?

Most Helpful Girl

• I have the navel done. Did that 8 years ago when I was in high sdon'tchool. It was also when EVERYONE was having it done. I did it because I wanted it. I like it and have always had a thing in it but sometimes I forget it's there. My sister and mom got it done too and my dad drove to the tattoo parlour so I can't claim it was to upset my parents. Lol
    I wouldn't get any others, not even second holes in my ears. I don't understand putting metal in one's face or gauging one's years. That just looks unprofessional and lower class to me.

What Girls Said 9

• I got them because I wanted it, I thought they suited me and I've never gotten one somebody else suggest for me, but I did suggest for someone to get one and they did!

• I have my nose pierced because I've always wanted my nose pierced. I love the way they look and just decided to do it

• I did them because I obviously saw them online, though they would look really great, so I did them.

• I got my belly button and nose pierced
    Because I always wanted them done
    And it was a sale at the piercing parlor

• I'd like an eyebrow piercing on the right side of my face, and maybe the cheekbone piercing on the left side. Not sure if I'm brave enough to do either...

2.bp.blogspot.com/.../IMG_0473.JPG

www.piercingtime.com/.../...ercing-for-girls-2.jpg

• Guess I'm pretty tame, or maybe lame I only have two holes pierced in each ear. Not planning any others. I got the second holes when I was given a pair of diamond studs that I wore constantly for a while, now I only wear the diamonds every once in a great while.

• I got them for myself.

• I got mine because I truly wanted them for myself, I have 5 on each ear and a nose ring, I'm planning on getting a navel piercing too, I can't explain why I wanted them I just find them interesting to have I guess.

• For myself. I do what i want with my body

What Guys Said 3

• Because their friends have them: "keeping up with the Joneses"

• They are like tattoos and should be gotten because you want them not because someone else wants you to

• To make their parents mad.