Girls, do you think my tattoos are kinda sexy?

My girlfriend has been dropping hints about how she'd like me to cover my tattoos when we go out, mostly with her friends. I think my tattoos are fine, and I don't understand what the big deal is about. We've had a few fights recently about a bunch of stuff, and one thing is said, then another about all sorts of stuff. Our last fight she said my tattoos are "silly" which was not the look I was going for, obviously. Since then she's taken it back but I still think she has some issues with my appearance when we go out. I have not been on a date with somebody else in well over a year, so I'm worried that if things don't work out between us, I can still rebound fairly well.

link

Ok, so my question could be worded better; anybody out there even *like* my tattoos ? Or wouldn't care about them ? Honesty please.

Most Helpful Girl

• To the point where I might sound rude...I'm sorry, but I laughed when I saw your tattoos. They're pretty uh... funny (?) anyways... uh I don't think she should be ashamed of them though! And it shouldn't stop you from dating someone... I mean if they don't like your tats then they don't like your personality because you chose them and you wear them... why be with someone who doesn't like you?

And also, why be with someone if you're already considering how you're gonna rebound?

• I get girls mocking my tattoos all the time :( Some days I wish I could scrape these bunnies off and have normal arms again. I'm just terrified of losing my girlfriend, since before her it was real hard for me to meet girls when I go out with these playboy bunnies on my arms. If I hide them, then I have to have the uncomfortable "playboy tattoo" talk around the 3rd date.

• We had a heart to heart and I think my problem was I wanted to sabotage the relationship before she could...you know how that goes...anyway, the tattoos were not even on her radar with respect to our relationship. We are strongly committed to each other !

• That is so awesome!! I'm so happy for you!!! =D

What Girls Said 18

• my boyfriend has a ton of piercings so it's sort of like you and your tattoos. me and him don't fight at all and I've told him I don't mind him but don't get anymore and it's cool between me and him. try getting to some agreement with you and your girl. hope that works out

• That's a good idea...I don't plan on getting any more tattoos either...I don't want to look too silly. The good thing for your boyfriend is he at least can take those piercings out. These tattoos a permanent.

• Am also gunna be honest.

1. your tattoos aren't cute. sexy, nice or creative.

2. makes you seem like a player and no gurl wants a player bf, if the relationship is as strong as say ,then am pretty sure she might think that it makes you look like a player to her friends and oh gurls do care about what friends think of thier bf..silly but true!

3.i don't understand how can you consider how you re going to rebound when you re saying that you re pretty commited to each other?

4.Do you even like your gf, seems like you re looking for an excuse tobreak up with her..

5.its pretty obvious that you re not even convinced about this whole relationship thing you ve got there,but you re too afraid to break up with her just because it might be hard for you to find another gurl in a short amount of time!

Now Your Girlfriend shouldnt be ashamed of who you are or what you dress like or what you do! cause that's what makes you who you are. if she doesn't like it then she could just let go and stop bitching about your tattoos.

am sure if that's the only problem then you can find a solutions which could be either remove them or add some stuff to them like tribal design or design! its not the end of the world!

• Do you have a tattoo ? Do you know what it's like to have a tattoo ? I think girls actually secretly do like players, they just won't admit it. As far as removal, I've looked into it; for my red bunny it would have been 12 sessions at about $300 a session, and red is almost impossible to remove. So I got a blue one for $150, much cheaper. I'll be honest; as you can tell from other answers, finding a girl who tolerates my tattoos is really, really difficult.

• I do like my tattoos, and I was wondering what others thought, since nobody will honestly tell me in person. I'm glad for your honesty, and clearly you do not like them whatsoever.

• Am a sucker for tattoos and piercings honestly but this one is just not my type , I believe tattoos could tell a lot about a person.. so I don't like what it tells me that's all! but people are different...some gurls like players ... I know I dont!

• Oh yeah, Playboy tattoos just ooze class. I agree with your girlfriend, they look silly and immature. Not exactly sexy to me but whatever. It's not really something that should break up a stable relationship.

• Other girls get playboy bunny tattoos, so I don't see why it's silly or immature for them. Is it because I'm a guy with these tattoos ?

• Yes it cause your a guy. it seems kinda gay. I don't even like playboy tattoos on girls.

• she should accept you as who you are and try to get over it, if she cares about you enough and wants this relationship to work.

that being said, what possessed you to get those? when I first saw the link, I thought "drink and ink". I mean, they're playboy bunnies for crying out loud.

i have nothing against tattoos in general. but I think if you're going to permanently put something on your body, it should be meaningful. I think they look dumb, some other people might be neutral and not care at all, and finally some girls might like it. overall, don't let it make you feel insecure, they're part of your body now and unless you decide to spend thousands of dollars trying to remove them, you shouldn't let what people think/say get to you.

i'm pretty sure most girls wouldn't turn you down because of them. well, at least not until after they got to know you more.

• I didn't think about how permanent the playboy bunnies would be when I got them. If was fun for a little while, but some days I really wish I could just take them off so I don't present the trashy image that so many think when they see them.

• Tattoos are hot, but I am sorry to say that the ones you have are silly. I can understand why she would have issues with them.

• What are those "issues" ? What if your boyfriend came home one day with playboy tattoos; would you think them silly too ?

• Fuck it.. If she doesn't like them, then that's a part of you she doesn't like.. She can either A.. Get over it, Or B... Kick her to the curb..There's TONS of fishies that Dig tattoossss

Ra rA

• Yes ! Although nobody has said it here, I know several girls who ilke my tattoos, playboy and all. Maybe they'd like them better if they saw my tatts in person, not in a picture.

• oh I'm sorry but I really don't like them. I do think they look silly and immature and honestly I would get them lasered off and removed. I'm not a fan of tattoos anyway but these are way too big and prominent-theres no getting away from them. id say people see ur tattoos before they see ur face and body if you have a sleeveless top. they also make you look like some idiot whos constantly reading playboy because theyre bunny ears. sorry for being harsh but I really can see ur girlfriends side here. you're only 20 though so you still have time to remove them!

• Not the look I was going for...I do get tired of the eye's dropping to my tattoos whenever I meet somebody...the tattoos seem to catch their eye. But on the plus side, you usually never see both bunnies at once; only one at time, so maybe it's not as overwhelming. Removal is not an option unless I win the lotter...very expensive $$$ :(

• actually I think they're more cute than sexy why don't you have a little sit down and talk about why she doesn't like your tats maybe you could find some way to compromise that is if you like her enough but if it aggravates you just talk it out all relationships need good conversation skills to work out their problems

hope this helps good luck

• I'm glad you think they are cute, not silly or funny. Her problem is when we go out how she thinks others will judge "her" when she's with a guy with playboy bunny tattoos hanging out. Do you think she should be bothered by that?

• Every girl thinks someone is gonna judge her based on who she dates we're girls we overthink and overanalyze everything

• I love your answer too, and yes, we guys can over analyze things too... Good luck!

• lol like I said in my other answer.. I wouldn't mind. It shouldn't be a big deal. Cause yeah. It is your personality. It is you. And if she likes you then she won't have a problem.

• Thanks for your honesty!...so many girls do make a big deal of my tattoos. And it's such an insignificant part of the whole package. I guess it's just so visible it's easy to dwell on.

• Playboy bunny tattoo? Kind trashy. Sorry.

• Kinda trashy, or totally trashy ? If only kinda trashy, what can I do to try to pull it off ?

• I don't know, just the whole playboy bunny thing either says "hi I'm fourteen" or ya, the whole player thing. Honestly, I don't think there's anything that can be done to pull it off.

• Yea LOL loving the whole "im 14" comment!!!!!!

• ok. they are pretty silly and I would prob be embarrassed if my man had those too. you should try getting more tattoos all over your arms that way they don't stand out so much. those are the only two tattos you have so they look kinda gay. try adding some tribal tats or skulls or some other kind of manly tattoo to your arm so they won't look so bad.

• Why would you be embarassed of a guy with these tattoos ? Why do you think they look bad ? I'd rather not get sleeved, I would actually rather somehow work my bunnies into some reasonable design. I'm not into tribal...I could just get 1/2 sleeves with my bunnies as centerpiece, but I think it would still be too prominent.

• I just think playboy tattoos are for girls. there supposed to be sexy. that's why I find it weird for you to have them. it would bother me a little but I wouldn't be that embarassed. they just look dumb to me sorry ;( I know you don't want to hear that. but if you add any kind of other tattoos around it I don't think it will look bad. just no more bunnies, lol. they just look bad cause that's all you see if you had other maybe larger tattoos next to it that would be good. half sleeve sounds good.

• no offense but playboy tatoos... kinda freshman in college thing.

• Being a freshman is a year, tattoos are for life. How about when I'm 30 ? 40 ?

• mmm. a kinda sexy tat? If your worried, and she said something, I think the jury is already in. Too bad it's permanent. :(

• It is too bad they are permanent...I wish I could take them off !! We broke up a long time ago, and girls really, *really* don't like my bunny tattoos. They point, giggle and ask "Why did you get that ?!?". Tattoos are such mistakes.

• You can get them removed. It is expensive, but your worth it.

• Sorry but nahh, don't like ...

• Truthfully, no. I'm sure there are girls out there who wouldn't mind but I would.

• Do you not iike tattoos ? Or do you not like the playboy bunny because it makes me look like a player ? Does that intimidate you ? Well, I'm a regular guy who also is insecure about my tattoos and what people think.

• well, they are silly tattoos. unless you are a PlayBoy bunny, you should NOT have tattoos of the bunnies. if you had them before you got together, then she should shut her mouth. she knew what she was getting into. if you got them after you have been together already, then you should expect her to complain. yes, it IS your body and I would never tell my man he couldn't get something, but at the same time, she could be a little embarrassed or even offended by them... that's what she could be feeling...

• Not really.

• Dude, get those covered up. Seriously. Tattoos are nbd (I have some of my own) but the ones you have, look like you lost a dare or got drunk with your college buddies and decided to hit up a tattoo parlor.

• What's 'nbd' ? Is that what girls think, that I got drunk and tattooed bunnies on my arms ? Well, that might be partially true. I wish there was a way to play them down somehow, maybe with the right shirt or watch...try to get my bunnies to "blend in" rather than be so obvious.

What Guys Said 4

• You can't see for yourself why the girls don't like them?

they are tacky. you are a walking advertisement for Hugh Heffner, Playboy should be paying you.

Corporate logos on clothes are bad enough, but tatooed on your body permanently .. really not cool.

Girls like to be able to brag about their guys, like ,hes a doctor, he's dresses very nicely, he treats me like a princess, he buys me diamond rings, he's a perfect gentleman etc

A girl would be embarrassed because it sends a message, like, your so into playboy and porn etc that you wanted to show it on your arms. its not something that raises social value amoung her friends or that would make her friends jealous of her great guy.

instead they will think that, you might be stupid for getting those tats, or immature even. Playboy is for 13 year old boys who don't have internet.

And what were you thinking when you got them lol! 'the chicks are gonna love this!' In case you forgot, playboy is a guys club. The only girls in playboy are the bunnies and the girls who want to be bunnies. In fact even a lot of them don't like it but do it for the money. You may impress some guys with them tats, but showing those things when you're out somewhere, you might as well be rubbing antipussy cream all over your body.

its not the worst corporate logo I've seen tatooed on a body though. I went over to America, and I was in Florida when I saw a backwards Nike tick tattooed on a guys leg.

• At least it's not the worst tattoo you've seen. And you must have been out with me sometime; yes, the girls do not like it at all. Their body language consists of looking at my arms, avoiding my eyes, and leaving the area. I was never really into playboy, not into porn either, and I just thought it would be a good idea to put these tattoos on. I have learned the definition of "permanent" the hard way. I asked this question because nobody gives me honest verbal answers in person.

• Ehmmm yeah no. Playboy bunnies are a cutesy thing, they just look somewhat ridiculous on a muscular arm. That being said it doesn't mean you have no chance with girls, or that your girlfriend should be ashamed of you for them. It was your choice to get them, and it's your choice whether or not you want to show them. But yeah kinda silly.

• Lol, those crack me up, come on man, I was at least expecting your typical tribal tat or a skull or something, but playboy bunnies, well that's just good comedy. Might wanna get those covered up or removed.

• Tatoos are really gahstly IMO.

Also I can see her point about them being silly. They are embarassing (sorry Man, have to be honest with you they are).

Still, your looking buff in the photo, I'm sure that will balance it out it a bit for your girl.

The fact its the Playboy bunnies is also kinda a bit sad. It kinda suggests you might be shallow (though hey, I'm English, in Ammerica might be considered cool for all I know).

• When I first got them, I truly was embarassed pretty much every day, but now that I've had them for almost a year I've gotten used to them. I don't even remember what it was like to not have bunnies on my arms. It still sux that everybody thinks they are silly.