Who is doing no poo?

No poo means washing hair with alternatives to shampoo and conditioner!!!

Reasons for:
Chemical additives' effect on the body

People adopt "No poo" practices for many reasons, but one reason is concern about the effect of ingredients typically found in commercial hair care products. Shampoo typically contains chemical additives such as sodium lauryl sulfate and sodium laureth sulfate. There are health concerns about these chemicals, which can irritate the skin of sensitive people

Shampoo and other beauty products are sources of pollution.

Costs

• No poo
  • I poo myself. lol

Most Helpful Guy

• I haven't used shampoo/conditioner in years for this exact reason, but mostly because I just stopped buying it. Also, my hair feels better now. I don't miss it.

What Girls Said 12

• Absolutely not I tried environmentally friendly shampoos of several different brands. It was no good. I really tried to like them but it just didn't work. I need my poo.

• Lol you are meant to use things like apple vinegar instead of shampoo not even environmental friendly ones it worked for me

• That's the whole point looking good it takes like two weeks because artificial stuff dry the hair it takes time for the hair to revert back to its natural state

• I have oily hair and vinegar isn't going to fix that. You have short hair. Americans noses are very easily offended. If you don't use fragrant soaps and shampoo your natural smell will be offensive in an elevator or car halfway through the day.

• I might try that out someday !

• I think I will pass. I'm too lazy/impatient to try it out.

• If I'm just showering I only use water. I don't mess w/ any kinda shower product. I don't use toothpaste either, just the toothbrush. I only use soap if I'm gonna be handling food. I feel like the benefits they offer are all tangentary and dubious. I don't bother other people about it, though.

oh there is one shampoo I use but it isn't really a shampoo. It's medicine that u apply to the scalp but it comes in the form of shampoo. I have scalp issues.

• I don't really care to try it... Besides, nowadays people are finding something bad for you in nearly everything so I just do whatever I want. If everything I do is going to be detrimental to my health I'd rather die with a nice tanning bed tan, tastefully dyed hair smelling of my favorite tsubaki scented shampoo, and lots of delicious genetically modified processed food in my belly.

• I only use sulfate free shampo but sometimes I do skip the poo process and just co-wash (condition only).

• I'm using shampoo, my shampoo contains those chemicals. Eh, got to die some day.

• Do you realize how many products contain ungodly amounts of chemicals?
    Soap, bodywash, lotion, toothpaste, hair gel, food, pretty much everything. Cutting out shampoo won't solve much.

• Everything contains chemicals now a days. Even food.

There is no way people can avoid it.

Anyways, sometimes I make stuff in my house. Like masks and scrubs.

• Ugh, tried this for like a week, the vinegar and baking soda alternatives dried my hair to a crisp. NO THANKS.

• I just use body gel, but i use it cuz im really cheap and i dont want to pay for something a gel does perfectly fine.

• Wish I could, but I go swimming quite often and don't wanna chlorine myself bald.

What Guys Said 6

• "There are health concerns about these chemicals, which can irritate the skin of sensitive people "

Sounds like all of the people that went gluten free even though only a small percentage of the population react negatively to gluten.

• YES!
      YES!
      YES!
      This so much!
      People with a theoretical degree in medicine

• @Illusive_Man

I don't get it. Google is in everyone's pocket 24/7. There is no excuse for people to be this ignorant!

• Everyone should get their pHD and doctoring license from Google.

• It sounds interesting, but I'll take my chances.

• hahha by reading your title i thought you meant actually who never defecates :-P

• lol. means the opposite not defecating on your head

• Based on a recent question, there is one guy on this site who would love it if you didn't and dump you for dumping.

• I've literally only washed my hair with water for some time now. I don't think shampoo was ever necessary.

• I have absolutely no Idea what you are talking about right now.

What the hell is 'No Poo'

• You make it sound so nasty.