Why was the question about this dress which changes colors from blue/black to gold/white removed by a moderator?

Someone asked a question about this image of a dress that changes colors from blue and black to gold and white. Why was it removed?

*BTW, I figured it out. I originally saw it as gold and white, but was able to relate to the people who saw it as black and blue when I blocked out everything but the dress with my hands and focused my eyes on the dress alone. It all has to do with how your eyes process the tint of the image.

www.businessinsider.com/white-and-gold-black-and-blue-dress-2015-2

Anyway, I tried to post my answer and found that a moderator had removed it. Why was it removed?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think the question was removed because it had been asked SO MANY TIMES yesterday and the day before.

What Girls Said 4

• Because there are 50 of the same questions about the same dress on here! Good God, people... search before you ask! O. o

• So did I, I was wondering the exact same thing. I saw it as white and gold then as black and blue this morning.

• I saw blue and black first then black and goldish brown
    Now there's this cat going up or down thing ugh

• The dress is actually blue and black by the way if you're wondering lol
    http://i.imgur.com/PlBiffK.jpg

What Guys Said 3

• because this question has been asked 94549 times the last couple of days :-P

• Maybe a bunch of people were asking it and it was automatically marked as spam. Most sources I saw said the same thing you said, that some people automatically adjust for the ambient lighting when perceiving color. I personally can't even do that if I tried. Some said there are gender differences in people who have this ability, and I checked this website to see if this was the case.

• http://i.imgur.com/wzj1BBD.jpg

@linkywinky BAM your eyes failed!

• I have 20/20 okay. I just had a vision test last year.

• @linkywinky if you look at my most recent question I have linked to a video which explains why you saw it as white and gold.

• @AshleyMD definitely don't care about this stupid dress debacle anymore lol but thanks.