Belly button piercing: hot/ not/ painful??

i would like to get my belly pierced soon, but want to know what to expect. Also do you guys find it attractive or not?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well everyone has different opinions, but I think they're really cute if you wear them the right way. I think the only time they look trashy is when you're wearing super revealing clothes all the time and attracting attention to your stomach. But during the summer and on the beach I think they look really good. As for the pain, I'm not sure, but I've heard that it's really quick. It hurts, but only for a few seconds. Everyone I know has said the pain wasn't bad and it was definitely worth it. If you do decide to go through with it, make sure you clean it well. Since it's on you're belly button, the area's kind of prone to infection, but if you follow the instructions you should be fine. Good luck!

By the way, I was looking at your pictures and I think that a belly button piercing would look really good on you since you're so tan and you've got the body for it :)

What Guys Said 6

• Not attractive at all. Hate it.

• I think on some girls they're extremely sexy! but that's just me...

• What type of piercing there's the loop I think looks nasty and a waste of time and pain. But there is another type that I absolutely adore and that's the Stud don't know much about it other then I used to date a girl with a nice body and she would wear the shirts that hug the hips but still expose her belly button with had this diamond stud that filled the belly button looks sexy and I was a sucker for it

Hope the comment helps

• My girlfriend in college had hers pierced. Didn't do much for me personally.

• it's kind of trashy but that's just me

• i think is very attractive and I believe most guys think is very sexii but pain can't help you with that lol

and the guys under got 2 b losers lol

What Girls Said 5

• My sister has a belly button piercing. I don't really care for it, but then again I'm not the type of person who would get piercings anywhere but my ears ( I want to get my lobe pierced again and maybe some other parts). Anyway I know it doesn't hurt. I mean, your piercing skin and fat tissue really, so it's really like a pinch or something, as my sister puts it.

However it looks kinda nasty now that she's pregnant. It's all stretched out, and if you have dark skin you get hyper pigmentation and the piercing area gets dark and the skin between the two holes is stretched taught over her stomach. It's kinda of gross to me. She put her belly ring in to see how it look and we all thought it looked like she had a growth. And her fiancee doesn't really mention it. Like, I'm not sure he pays that much attention to it or anything and I really don't think he cares. Maybe he did when they first started dating, but that was like...6 years ago. I don't know, I really think if your in a relationship it becomes irrelevant unless your boyfriend couldn't stand it. But considering the look of my sis's tummy, I would not reccommend it if you plan on getting pregnant and having that elegant mommy to be tummy. And she still has to clean it too, so it's more stuff to worry about when you can barely get into the shower.

• True, I never thought of how it would look if I ever became pregnant...thanks!!!

• It not painful I got mine done 2 years ago and its no big deal just make sure you clean it right because if you don't then it will get infected.

• I think they are trashy.

• I have my belly button pierced, but I also don't go around wearing revealing cloths to attract attention to it. In the summer I wear my swimsuit and that's pretty much the only time anyone sees it. So I don't see how people can think it looks trashy. And as for me, there was a little bit of pain for literally like a second, so it's not bad.

• I personally think it looks trashy.