How do I make a t-shirt smaller?

I have 2-3 t-shirts which I got from my older cousin. I've always wanted to wear them but they are big for me. They are old school graffiti type. I really like these how can I make them smaller? My body type isn't the right one for the tshirts. I wear medium and they are large.. maybe one is XL. Anyways what can I do to make the sleeves/width/length shorter?

Most Helpful Girl

• You could try the classic dryer trick! Just leave them in there for about...3 hours or so. Then put them back in for another hour... or until they fit right.

If you know anyone who can sew well, they'll be able to take in the hems so it fits better. They can make it smaller without actually shrinking it or messing it up.

What Girls Said 3

• Don't ruin the shirts, go workout and grow into them instead.

My boyfriend used to be skinny, now he's filling out XL shirts with all the muscle he's grown, haha.

• I last tried the tshirts in summer. The thing is I do workout 4-5 times per week. I gained 6 kilos the last 3 months just from protein diet. I tried those today and still. I dont even know where all this muscle difference is! I have a skinny-muscular body type.. probably due to my height (5.6). Anyways Im trying my best on this matter xD

• Good luck, I'm sure you'll be posting beefcake selfies in the "rate me" section in no time. ;)

• Nah I already have a perfect ripped body (not to be a bighead) and I have no insecurities about my body. I save myself from all the hate I would eat here :P Also I would never post a pic of me :P

• i dont think u can roll the sleeves maybe

• if they are 100% cotton you should be able to shrink them a little in the dryer maybe

What Guys Said 3

• put them in the dryer to shrink them but if you've already stretched out the stitching and threads then its just gonna stretch again back to what it used to be with use.

• What are they made of? A cotton, a synthetics, or something else?
    You can try to shrink a cotton or some synthetics.
    Take two washbowls. One with a very cold water and the second with a very hot (60-80 Centigrades). Put a tshirt in the hot one, let it get wet for a minutes. Then squeeze, put it in the cold water and rinse. Let it cool down for a minutes. Repeat such procedures 5-10 times. Then carefully squeeze and dry on a flat place.

But BEWARE, it's a bit of a risk and some prints may crack or textile colors may fade out. If a fabric is very old, it can easily start to tear.

• You could Google it. I hear that works wonders.

• no shit Sherlock :P the more info I can gather, the better.

• Turns out Googling it will give you far more info than you would get here! SURPRISE! \o/