If you curl your lashes, then apply mascara, will this keep them from breaking off?

I thought that using an eyelash curler would cause my lashes to break. I was told today by a friend that if I curl them first, then apply mascara, this would keep them from breaking off. Is this true or not?

Most Helpful Girl

• It doesn't keep them from breaking. The curler tugs on your lashes and does make them more prone to breaking. I suggest using the curler less.
    Also a huge tip. Rub coconut oil or a little olive oil on your eyelids and lashes every night. They'll becomes super thick and strong so there won't be as much damage

What Guys Said 1

• Miracles and Prayer.

What Girls Said 5

• Avoid curling your eyelashes overall, unless it's a special occasion.

• Personally I've been using mascara and curling them for a while and I don't think my lashes come out anymore than anyone else's. When I do it I curl them, put 9 mascara, and curl them again.

• You're eyelashes won't break unless you're squeezing them really hard. people curl first before mascara so the lashes won't stick to the curler and rip out, and so mascara won't flake off later in the day.

• mine don't break off and sometimes i even curl after

• maybe. just don't over do it.